No announcement yet.

Attempting to make torture is stupid but check this one out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Politically there is no downside. But at the same time we are creating atmosphere of pressure, paranoia and enforcing myths and .. this witch hunt that makes no sense at this level.

So, we are creating new generation of these old people. Younger folks are of course more relaxed about the issue, but there's lots of hardcore people who are with the government on this issue, blindly. I don't care if you are against or for, as long as you are not doing it blindly. That's just a way to be a sheep and strengthen the imposing of control. I don't pay taxes to be told what to think or do. I pay taxes to recieve services. Period.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

THis is what we get for our system though.. Mikko Alatalo's etc. And he'd prolly be able to sue me for mentioning his name in what he sees is negative commentary

You know, people who are even more stupid than the average person. And everyone thinks this will help us, everyone thinks that now my children are more safe. Everyone thinks that yes there was few sacrifices but it was for good, and yes people will get investigated for no reason, but hey, that's the price to pay to fight teh evil students growing some flowers in their own place. Damn evil mind altering people.

I do assume this was a play for haggling though.. as in we put more on the table so we get the real thing through we wanted, which I think is destruction of head shops plus making it illegal to posses any stuff such as those jars. I don't think a jar maker would be in for a drug crime. Maybe that's just a play so they'll get more in the end.

Think about it. Making a jar that someone else uses for growing a pot, or selling that jar makes you a drug criminal, what the ****?!

The reason I am extra worried is because I am specializing on surveillance in my profession so I do have quite a bit of knowledge how things work and what we do in Finland for example. This would include databases, registers, items of surveillance etc, the whole deal with philosophical background theories and all that jazz, so security business it is but.. let's just say there are methods that are not only unethical but also ... against your rights. And it's all about social control and making you behave in a wanted way, as pre-emptive measure for crimes. This includes not only cameras and CCTV (which actually do serve a purpose) but also spatial and urban city design, different time and space concepts, total surveillance, including not what you say, but where you are located at certain time. Something you can never deny.

Before you play me as evil BB, I'm actually against most of this stuff, not in the level of technology, but the way they are implemented and used. Some of it might be even illegal. Or most of it. Definitely for citizen rights and against social control or behavior steering action.

SO yeah, the implications are harsh, because surveillance will be used in more ways now, and there will be databases and registers, otherwise there's no way to tell how this NEW crimes are proceeding. So you have to take that new crime and go after it. It will be mind blowing how far this can go and will go.
      Last edited by Pekka; September 27, 2006, 17:06.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
      X