Attempting to make torture is stupid but check this one out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempting to make torture is stupid but check this one out

Finland, uber alles, tops the charts and takes the leading position in 'wtf were they thinking'.

A new law proposal was passed WITHOUT modification or further investigation that makes the attempt of growing pot illegal.

Now, the point is not that the attempt to grow is made illegal, but the spesific it has.

For example, tools that help you grow this plant is now a crime if you posses them. I'm dead serious. Advancing drug crimes are also a new crime. Examples are given: making jars for growing pot is now a crime. The act of making that jar is a crime. Not that you put something in your jar, like a seed, and that is illegal. No. But making that jar is illegal, and it is a drug related crime.

And if you even try to get these items, it is illegal.

Then there are other new sections to these laws, such as advancing someone elses drug crime. These sections are still pretty much unknown but they are related to someone else having drugs, possessing, and you can still be part of the crime if you have advanced the person to have them. This can pretty much mean anything that we want to interpret, which is not only a bad law in itself (too much to be interpreted and _abused_) but also freaking stupid.

Parliament accepted the new laws without debate.

What a logic turn of events.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Pot is legal, but the tools for cultivation are illegal? Is that what you said?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What? No, pot is not legal.

Byt tools for cultivation are now also illegal. Plus then some.

The 'attempt to grow' thing has now been extended to cover everything, including MAKING a jar. I hope they also make that drug music illegal too, and drug shows, movies etc...

So why is this serious? You're not going to get but fines anyway. Well, you will also enter your ass to databases and be registered drug offender, and when ever your employer wants to check out your background, you won't get the job.

So as you were a student or what ever, having a bit fun or experimenting a bit, your ass is grass. There's no middle ground. If you get booked, your actions are recorded so it won't ever go away. SO why would I bring students up? Because they are the ones getting higher educations, and they also are the ones doing this mostly. Just good old fashion fun, peaceful private stuff. You guys know how it is.

But it is for your own good. Sure....... to be denied any job that is any good is basically everyones benefit We're not talking about CRIMINALS here, or even bad drug offenders. Just a dude who made a jar, or someone who smoked a joint. ****ed for life.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Will they be shutting down hydroponic stores?
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Wezil, by how the law is put, they should. I mean, if they don't, they would be criminal enterprises or something. Head shops, when the new law is enforced, are going to be illegal.

But I don't know if you grow something else, that stuff is still needed so maybe you need to like get a license or something to buy and prove that you are not going ot grow anything illegal plus accept that your house might be searched at any moment when you are in possession of those items. Plus you can't seel them to anyone, the tools, if you are done with it, the legal growing of anything.
          In da butt.

Comment

Yeah, it's like it's illegal to sell paraphanilia but if it has duel purposes, like pipes (which state they're only for use with tobacco), it's OK. WHEN it obviously looks like a pot pipe.

Or what percentage of rolling papers are used for legal purposes.

IT's hard to draw the line.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Just remember, they're water pipes, not bongs.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Yeah but the current line was totalle acceptable. The fact that you will be facing criminal charges for making that jar, how stupid is that?

Plus, there's just to much to be interpreted here. It's a prosecutors wet dream and the nightmare for the citizen.
                In da butt.

Comment

Are plows illegal? What about pointed sticks?

Comment

I don't know what plow or ponted stick means?
                    In da butt.

Comment

Hmm... making a jar which will be used for growing pot is illegal and can be punished, EVEN if you weren't the one who grew the pot but just sold the jar to someone who grew it? Or what do you mean?

Can you tell me the law proposal codenumber so I can look it up on Finlex, Pekka?

Comment

VJ, exactly.

I don't know the codenumber, I picked it up in hesari.

I'll give you a link though..

I mean.. this would have implications, the authorities could use their need to enforce just about anything because they can suspect that a person bought a jar for growing pot. How ****ing stupid is that?
                        In da butt.

Comment

Sorry. Missed an "I". Pointed sticks. You can make furrows in the ground for planting seeds with a pointed stick.

Comment

hah, ok

Also what stands out that the parliament accepted the new proposal without debate. What the hell is that? I mean, no one is interested what the law implicates and will mean? The ends justify the means these days?

And how big of a risk has this thing been for us? This will actualyl just make life harder for many plus hinder a lot of folks instead of helping the society.
                            In da butt.

Comment

I know a lot of people who use rolling papers for tabacco. More than who use rolling papers for pot.

Pot pipes on the other hand are almost always used for pot. The plastic cigs that you fill also seem to be generally used for pot.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X