Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I lament for my generation . . . . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spec

Planet earth is not a game JM. At the point were we are, you wont get any bonus from it.

Spec.
    Population growth is just a good thing. It expands the possibilities, and provides the drive for advancement.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Spec:

I don't actually know specific pollution information for those countries, but I'll grant that it's probably true.

But consider.

Total population of India: 1.1 billion
      Total population of those three random countries: 52.4 million

You can't really compare them.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Guess which country is the 4th worst polluter in terms of CO2 per capita?

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Hey, posting real info is unfair!
          Blah

Comment

Re: I lament for my generation . . . . . . . .

Originally posted by aneeshm
            There is no fire in their belly . They have no constructive goal in life , no driving force , no desire to leave a mark on history , to even be part of something which will leave a mark on history . They have no desire for immortality .
            Seeing as the social class you are lamenting is to a large extent westernised, I would suggest that what you are witnessing is a malaise and lack of self-confidence in the western world generally.

For example, people are de-politicised to the extent of cynicism, and of those remaining interested, so few have the sanitised, squeeky-clean personal lives that are demanded, that they dare not run for office because of fear of some scandal.

I can't speak for India, but I see too many people who measure achievement by a sign on the door, or a job title, or a salary level, rather than actually doing something that made a genuine difference. People feel entitled to the esteem of success as if it was some kind of 'human right' rather than something to actually work for and earn.

I do worry that these days there's a tendancy to quit a difficult task at the first sign of getting "stressed out" by it. I wonder if that is the lack of backbone you are referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

Population growth is just a good thing. It expands the possibilities, and provides the drive for advancement.

JM
              Progressive stuff, JM. Not a hint of Malthusianism in sight.

Comment

I'm interested in finding those examples of wonderful infrastructure that aneeshm thinks our older generation built for us (the ones we're taking apart bit by bit).
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/en...ide-per-capita
                  Awesome.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Re: Re: I lament for my generation . . . . . . . .

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Seeing as the social class you are lamenting is to a large extent westernised, I would suggest that what you are witnessing is a malaise and lack of self-confidence in the western world generally.

For example, people are de-politicised to the extent of cynicism, and of those remaining interested, so few have the sanitised, squeeky-clean personal lives that are demanded, that they dare not run for office because of fear of some scandal.
                    I admit I sometimes feel the same, but I also ask myself if that isn't the same kind of feelings and complaints you find throughout history in various forms (o tempora! o mores!)
                    Blah

Comment

...Nigeria...
                      Oh, and this is really pissing me off. I said Niger, not Nigeria.

Comment

I won't comment on this statement made by you
                        Call me and you'll understand pretty well what I'm saying. I talk better than I write, I practicaly have no accent. In india, they cant even understand themselfs.

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

JM
                          And consumes the ressources we have much faster, like water and air for example. We dont have the drive to protect our enviroment right now, imagine later.

Spec.
                          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                            Spec:

I don't actually know specific pollution information for those countries, but I'll grant that it's probably true.

But consider.

Total population of India: 1.1 billion
                            Total population of those three random countries: 52.4 million

You can't really compare them.
                            Hum hum, you brang those up may I remind you.

Spec.

Comment

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/en...ide-per-capita
                              Dude, that's just for carbon dioxide...

Why dont you take the whole picture. Like for chromium for the leather industry, CFC gas, coal plants, nuclear waste...

Posting links that suit you just to get an edge without taking the whole picture into consideration is not really convincing.

Try again.

Spec.

Comment

Hum hum, you brang those up may I remind you.

Spec.
                                I brang those up to show that there were other countries contributing far more to the population problem than India. And in terms of percentages, that's absolutely true.

You wanted to compare total output of pollution. Of course a country with twenty times the population as those three countries is going to pollute more in gross figures.

But anyways. Would you care to present actual statistics showing that India is one of the worst polluters?

Comment

Working...
                                X