No announcement yet.

Most annoying avatar thread again/ down with animated avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Friedman was born near Palestine, Texas to an educated middle-class Jewish family. He’ll tell you that’s why he never made it as a country singer—he just didn’t have the same “opportunities” for a fruitful career in country music afforded to those with troubled, impoverished childhoods. In college a roommate dubbed him “Kinky” for his mess of curly hair and the moniker stuck. Inspired by Kennedy, Kinky Friedman joined the Peace Corps in the late-’60s and served in Borneo, where he’s claimed his primary accomplishment was to introduce the Frisbee to the natives, which they used to make their lips big.

Kinky to Texas newspaper publishers: 'I admit I was drinking a Guinness ... but I did not swallow'

03/22/2006
    MyWestTexas.com
    Jimmy Patterson

FORT WORTH -- Kinky Friedman has a perfect explanation for what he calls "Guinness-Gate," and he gave newspaper publishers convened in Fort Worth a scoop tuesday.

The grand marshal in Dallas' St. Patrick's Day Parade, Friedman was caught on videotape taking a drink of a can of the beer in the lead car, which was traveling through downtown, Friedman said, at 1 mph. Friedman was not driving, but he was apparently in violation of the state's open container law.

At this week's annual meeting of the Texas Daily Newspaper Association, Friedman, who hopes to collect enough signatures to get his name on the ballot as an independent candidate for Texas governor in the November election, did acknowledge he had a beer with him in the car.

"Here's my explanation," Friedman said. "I was drinking it ... but I did not swallow."
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Re: Most annoying avatar thread again/ down with animated avatars

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

No. Asher's avatar and Guynemer's are the only non-irritating moving ones.
      Don't forget EmpFab.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun

Mine can dodge bullets with ease.
          Mine could nail everyone's avatar until they beg for mercy.
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            Go vote, Og.

(click the smilie)
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Rah closed the thread before I was able to to support this fine proposal.
              Quendelie axan!

Comment

I agree 100% with the sentiment of this thread, animated avatars are seriously annoying. I even posted a thread about it a while ago. But I have sort of learned to tolerate them. Live and let live and all that.

Anyway, maybe this isn't the smartest thing to do, but I'm just thankful nobody has something like this for their avatar, at least.

Attached Files

Comment

Miss Denmark 2004?

Comment

Ha-ha!

I was thinking more of maybe Emp Fab's girlfriend or his secret admirer..

Comment

But now that you've mentioned it, there is a definite resemblance to the rather adorable little cow, called Karoline, which for 50 years has been promoting Danish milk and dairy products at home and abroad.

Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to petition that Emp Fab use the licking cow from now on .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Mine could build the Hebrew Labour movement, negotiate with the Brits, declare independence, suppress and disarm the rightwingers,win a war against overwhelming odds, make the desert bloom, retire to a kibbutz, make a political comeback and confuse the hell out of Israeli politics, before finally dying.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Oh yeah? Well, mine contains three natural sugars - sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fiber. Mine gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy.

Research has proven that mine provides enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. Mine is the number one fruit with the world's leading athletes.

It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making it a must to add to our daily diet.

Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating my avatara. This is because it contains tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.

PMS: Forget the pills - eat my avatar. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.

Anemia: High in iron, my avatar can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.

Blood Pressure: This unique avatar is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it perfect to beat blood pressure. So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed my avatar's supporters to make official claims for its ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.

Brain Power: 200 students at a Twickenham (Middlesex) school were helped through their exams this year by eating my avatar at breakfast, break, and lunch in a bid to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed avatar can assist learning by making pupils more alert.

Constipation: High in fiber, my avatar can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.

Hangovers: One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a milkshake out of my avatar, sweetened with honey. It calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.

Heartburn: My avatar a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try my avatar for soothing relief.

Morning Sickness: My avatar helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness.

Mosquito bites: Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of a my avatar's skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.

Nerves: My avatar is high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.

Overweight and at work? Studies at the Institute of Psychology in Austria found pressure at work leads to gorging on comfort food like chocolate and crisps. Looking at 5,000 hospital patients, researchers found the most obese were more likely to be in high-pressure jobs. The report concluded that, to avoid panic-induced food cravings, we need to control our blood sugar levels by snacking on high carbohydrate foods every two hours to keep levels steady.

Ulcers: My avatar is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and smoothness. It is the only avatar that can be eaten without distress in over-chronicler cases. It also neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.

Temperature control: Many other cultures see my avatar as a "cooling" avatar that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers. In Thailand, for example, pregnant women eat my avatar to ensure their baby is born with a cool temperature.

Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): My avatar can help SAD sufferers because it contains the natural mood enhancer tryptophan.

Smoking & Tobacco Use: My avatar can also help people trying to give up smoking. The B6, B12 it contains, as well as the potassium and magnesium found in it, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.

Stress: Potassium is a vital mineral, which helps normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body's water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be rebalanced with the help of a high-potassium snack on my avatar.

Strokes: According to research in "The New England Journal of Medicine," eating my avatar as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%!

Warts: Those keen on natural alternatives swear that if you want to kill off a wart, take a piece of my avatar's skin and place it on the wart, with the yellow side out. Carefully hold the skin in place with a plaster or surgical tape!

So, my avatar really is a natural remedy for many ills. When you compare it to an apple, it has four times the protein, twice the carbohydrate, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in potassium and is one of the best avatars around.

And it can also dance.
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I had a great animated avatar...

Everyone hated it and I think that Ming or the Site moderatorship ended up removing it.

JM
                              (I think it could give epilipsy!)
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

sounds like something MOBIUS would do
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X