Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti-EU people in the UK are really going to hate this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I can't help but notice the infestation of chavs in Dartford now because I pass through at normal hours...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

When I saw this thread I thought it would be about an article I saw on bbc news at the moment on the jobs fairs in the UK targeted at eastern europeans. Thousands and thousands have come across, particularly poles. The BBC article had one example of a polish teacher who earned £200 a month, but came over to earn £600 a month passing out leaflets... pretty sure the article was on about the south east of england so where the hell was he living on just £600 a month? Me being unemployed right now probably made me a little angrier at seeing news of so many people coming over, and actually getting jobs fairs targetted at them, particularly because companies love seeing cheap labour, rather than pay local labour the normal price. BLEH. Yes I know that sounds jingoistic, but I don't have to like it.

Comment

I like cheap labour, makes things cheaper to buy.

If you want a job for £600/month handing out leaflets, you have just as much opportunity to do so as Eastern Europeans. Or were your dashed hopes of making £700/month from handing out leaflets preventing you from looking at it as a serious career option now.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

£600 isnt tough to live on if you dont drive and dont spend it on beer. Theres loads of free stuff to do in London if you can get there
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

cheap labour is ok if it leads to cheaper products and services instead of larger corporate profits, which is what has been happening during the last 5 years

people are working harder, stuff is getting more expensive, corporations are making record profits

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
              I like cheap labour, makes things cheaper to buy.
              Does that mean you volunteer to earn less?
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I'm willing to become a more highly skilled labourer and be paid more for it. I'm not going to be found applying for jobs handing out leaflets f.e.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                X