No announcement yet.

Latest energy drink gets some bad buzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave up caffeine, but have recently started again (4 months ago). But lately I've been easing myself off of it again.

Comment

I have never had issues with stopping taking caffiene. Even when I drank it very heavily (note that it didn't have the 'usual' caffiene effects for me then).

Since my blood prssure issues started (about 3 years ago now), I have had periods of time where I had a cup or two regularly.. and then I would stop for a period.. and I didn't have any effects (like headaches) from it either.

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

and I'm proud my city is a part of this.

Comment

I love energy drinks. If I have a can on an empty stomach it gives me a great buzz and confidence, Ive had some great nights out on vodka red bull

Ive had to work to get off of caffeine before when my clients would make me 8 cups of tea/coffee a day and would drink dr pepper the rest of the time, so I avoid caffiene now unless I need to be alert or want a buzz with my alcohol

Kirby said he expected controversy, "but we were not prepared for this insane media blitz."

I think this guy is talking out of his arse though
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I'd love to get my hands on some modafinil...
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Say, Snotty. Would you advise your next of kin to let us know when you fall over dead?
              Speed balling (heroin and cocaine mixed) is the same thing. Two opposite forces pulling at the heart.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                I wanted to get off it, and was very glad to removed from it when I was 12. I am fairly sure that it acts differently for people with ADD.

That being said, caffiene use to put me to sleep, really, and I just drank mochas because I liked them. It wasn't until my blood pressure problems started that caffiene began having a large 'normal' effect on me. Now it will keep me awake, make me jittery, etc.

Jon Miller
                That's odd. Caffeine makes me a little bit calmer, less impulsive, and slightly more alert. It never makes me jittery, though.

Ritalin actually had the same effect of keeping me awake. It would eliminate the normal cycle during the day, where I get drowsy in the early afternoon, and it kept me up a bit later (from the daily dose). It also eliminated my appetite for lunch.

Comment

It makes me have less appetite now.. it didn't use to.

I wasn't allowed caffiene before college though.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                  X