Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Oilers fans so murderous? [Note: liberal arts degrees --> higher murder rate]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why are Oilers fans so murderous? [Note: liberal arts degrees --> higher murder rate]

Originally posted by Asher
    Murder rate per 100,000 people in 2004:

Calgary 1.91
    Edmonton 3.39

The only reasonable explanation is Calgary's degrees are mostly science/engineering and Edmonton's are mostly artsy.
    hmm I would have thought having to live in Edmomton itself would explain it.

I mean . . . if you had to live in Edmonton, wouldn't you want to kill someone -- although this would probably be a better explanation if Edmonton has a higher suicide rate
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
      Montreal: 1.73

We aren't the murderous hell hole Calgary is
      It's all of the eastern bums and creeps...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Re: Why are Oilers fans so murderous? [Note: liberal arts degrees --> higher murd

Originally posted by Flubber
        hmm I would have thought having to live in Edmomton itself would explain it.

I mean . . . if you had to live in Edmonton, wouldn't you want to kill someone -- although this would probably be a better explanation if Edmonton has a higher suicide rate
        Suicide rate (1999):

Edmonton: 15.7 per 100,000
        Calgary: 13.2 per 100,000
        Quebec (province-wide): 19 per 100,000

But the "completed suicide rate" is 80% higher in Edmonton than the rest of Alberta(!): http://www.capitalhealth.ca/NewsAndE...day_season.htm

EDMONTON - Researchers have known for a long time that suicide rates in Edmonton are consistently higher than in Calgary. In some years, the rate is almost double. Now, a University of Alberta professor has compared attempted suicide rates in the two cities and found similar patterns.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Why are Oilers fans so murderous? [Note: liberal arts degrees --> higher murd

Suicide rate (1999):

Edmonton: 15.7 per 100,000
          Calgary: 13.2 per 100,000

But the "completed suicide rate" is 80% higher in Edmonton than the rest of Alberta(!): [url]
          THats just because the Edmonton folks want to die so very very badly
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
            Where are these places? Canada? Canadians aren't people. Your statistics are inherently flawed.
            You know, you can make statistics with fruit flies as well...

Comment

Comment

Yes, but he said deaths per 100K people. That implies that the deaths were of people, or at least that there were 100K or more American tourists or other humans in the area. At the very least it's misleading.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Nice try.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

While those statistics are laughably bad (and definitely explain the Edmontonians' brutish behaviour during the Oilers cup run compared to Calgary), I don't see why you are laughing.

Your city is one of the worst in Canada, and it's way worse than Calgary.

Why is it inferior?

1) Tons of liberal arts people
                    2) Corresponding lack of intelligent people
                    3) Terrible hockey team --> frustrations
                    4) Lack of attractive people --> sexual frustrations

Comment

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

While those statistics are laughably bad (and definitely explain the Edmontonians' brutish behaviour during the Oilers cup run compared to Calgary), I don't see why you are laughing.

Your city is one of the worst in Canada, and it's way worse than Calgary.

Why is it inferior?

1) Tons of liberal arts people
                        2) Corresponding lack of intelligent people
                        3) Terrible hockey team --> frustrations
                        4) Lack of attractive people --> sexual frustrations
                        I gather you are still over-compensating for having a trade school as an alma mater.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Is that seriously your response? Weak.

If you're trying to be insulting, you should really pick a better time to mock my school of choice considering I just landed a sweet job.

Comment

I'm not going to expend much effort on this.

As to who is trying to be insulting...
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Yeah, you started this round Asher, totally.

Btw, I'm going drinking tonight. As my town has a lower murder per 100k ratio than Calgary, I am pleased I will be very safe.
                              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

The problem is I started it, and nye is too limp to reply with anything of substance.

Comment

Working...
                                X