Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUUUUMP!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Ah! I see your point now.

I think the flaw in the OP is that you overlook the critical difference between Britain and Nazi Germany, namely, that Britain has a conscious and Nazi Germany did not.

Gandhi's non-violence only worked because it was aimed at the British conscious. If India had been a Nazi colony, Gandhi and his followers would have been loaded onto cattle cars and shipped off to the showers.

Dr. Martin Luther King's campaign of non-violence worked so well in the South because TV pictures carried images to the North of the police turning dogs and water cannon onto peaceful demonstrators.

Non-violence does work...when you're up against a basically moral opponent and when you have right on your side.

In other situations, try it, and you're toast.

Comment

Gandhi's non-violence only worked because it was aimed at the British conscious.
        Right. But he also suggested the same works for Hitler. So he only got lucky. That was one of the things I was arguing, just because he got lucky doesn't make him a hero. Different circumstances, in which he woudl have acted the same way as he himself suggested, would have led to a very different result. Would he be hero then? No. I don't consider lottery winners heroes. I consider them people who got lucky.

And I said MLK is a hero.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Mmm... beef.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Gandhi's character is in its core lazy, and definitely not caring about people. Yeah, anyone can say they care about people by not doing anything, but that's just a lazy man's way out, he just got lucky, period.

It's like you'd sit on your ass, and demand the society pays your way, because well, duh. And if they don't, you'll peacefully strike all the way to the retirement. That's corrupt union logic, that is based on nothing but politics, power and extortion. No wonder the mafia wanted the unions in the early 1900s and it worked so well. But even mafia guys had some work ethic, they worked for themselves hard, so they had better work ethic than Gandhi, who had none, just this crazy idea that yeah let's just not do anything. It worked, but it wouldn't have worked against other enemies, and he did NOT recognize that, thus he got lucky.

Not a hero. He was just chilling like a villain.
            In da butt.

Comment

Lazy??

Take a look on the flag of India. See that wheel in the middle? That's a spinning wheel because Gandhi insisted that Indians learn to spin their own cloth--like he did--in order to break the British monopoly on cloth.

He was also famous for his walk to the sea to make salt, which was a violation of British law.

Comment

So he did a bit of walking and demanded something else too? oh man, how did he have time from all the yogurt eating and sitting on his butt doing nothing all day long? Crazy schedule.

and since when did he 'invent non-violence' ??? He didn't. It's like he is claiming these values, and then is the poster boy of that, so he must be good? No. He was a bad man, not a hero.
                In da butt.

Comment

Pekka, you're so cute
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

And I advice you all to do nice things, not get hurt and be happy.

I guess I now own the rights for that. Remember to thank me and give me what I want, or else I'll take a walk to the sea!
                    In da butt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
                      ... give me what I want, or else I'll take a walk to the sea!
                      Oh, don't think that you have to stop there.

Comment

No, it was pure luck, because you never know the reaction to your passive action. That's just a fact, you can never be sure.
                        And you know the reaction to your aggressive action? WTF Pekka?
                        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Yeah, I might have to NOT DROWN myself.
                          In da butt.

Comment

• Oncle Boris, well of course you don't know that either, but reserving the right to armed self defense is known as a fighting chance, that is better than no chance. I think WWII proved it quite well, how important it is.

Gandhi, on the other hand, believed in kissing and making up, even with monsters, who would take your tongue and attach it to the back of the bus that goes straight to Hell. That's where Gandhi by the way is.
                            In da butt.

Comment

LordShiva, ok fair enough. But I really am disgusted what Imran tried to do. Character assasination. I don't think that was called for. I'm disappointed. I always make an effort to have issues fighting issues, kind of like Gandhi you know?
                              You called Gandhi a sissie for being horrified at his erection. You brought the sexual imagery in.

Comment

Oncle Boris, well of course you don't know that either, but reserving the right to armed self defense is known as a fighting chance, that is better than no chance. I think WWII proved it quite well, how important it is.

Gandhi, on the other hand, believed in kissing and making up, even with monsters, who would take your tongue and attach it to the back of the bus that goes straight to Hell. That's where Gandhi by the way is.
                                You claim that a commander should protect its followers' lives by leading them to war. Make sense and then we'll talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X