• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on in Thailand?

Possible military coup?

Has anyone a good link to more details?
    Blah

Taksin still rules the country, nothing changed.

Comment

I'm following this also. Looks like a short build up, but no coup ahead, just some troubles. Nothing serious yet. I predict this will be all over soon.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I read about it in the Finnish broadcasting corporation's website. The PM is in New York at the moment and has declared a state of emergency. According to the local TV channel Shinawatra has fired the commander-in-chief of the armed forces, but it's not clear whether as a result of what's going on now or whether that was the cause. Nothing more than rumours though.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Reuters says 10 tanks on the streets of Bangkok, if that's all there is, it'll probably be over quickly.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

According to (the sources of) the Finnish MTV3, the Thai army has confirmed that a military coup is underway.

They're also showing pictures of the royal family to patriotic music on the army TV station, which is the tradition in Thailand when a military coup takes place.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
              They're also showing pictures of the royal family to patriotic music on the army TV station, which is the tradition in Thailand when a military coup takes place.
              In other countries it's tradition to put someone against the wall asap
              Blah

Comment

Army TV station?
                Traditional music for a military coup?

I'm sure glad I don't live in Thailand.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Comment

They have traditions for military coups?
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I just ordered a flight to Thailand for my 2007 vacation, that's what happened! Damn it.

Comment

Coup Coup.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                          They have traditions for military coups?
                          Over twenty coups or attempted coups in the past 30 years, IIRC. They're worse than San Theodoros.

Comment

So it is a coup.. they're playing traditional coup music while doing it? There's no word to describe that...
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                              Army TV station?
                              Traditional music for a military coup?

I'm sure glad I don't live in Thailand.

-Arrian
                              In Israel they have Army radio. Played the coolest music when I was there. But no tradition of coups. Just coalition crises.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                              X