• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techumseh
    You used a term incorrectly
    no

fpp = two-party system

Comment

Why would VJ apologize for acting like he always does?
      Are you off your meds?
      Duh, you braindead maroon.
      Let me rephrase: Fuck you.

Worthless

Comment

Originally posted by cinch
        I voted NDP last time out, Lib before that. I'm not a fan of the bungled job being done in Afghanistan (that's less a comment on the Canadian Forces than the overall strategy), but I don't advocate an immediate pullout, either. That would just make things even worse, and I don't see it as the only viable option yet.

So I guess I'll be watching the Libs to see who comes out on top. I'm suspicious of Ingatieff, though, and I'm unconvinced that Bob Rae can garner national support. I'm kinda hoping for Dion, although who knows if he can clean up his image among Quebecers?
        Stephane Dion is from my wife's riding.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
          Hehe, easier to just ignore him, like I've mostly been doing.
          People are quoting him though

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

no

fpp = two-party system
            Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it so. A two party system is a consequence. FPP is a electoral system. You might claim that one inevitably leads to the other (wrongly, as we have pointed out). Claiming that they're equivalent is just plain nonsensical.

I think I'll make VJ my latest ignore list addition. Stupid, rude and unamusing is a deadly combination.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

no

fpp = two-party system
              Is that why we have 4 significant parties in Parliament?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

People are quoting him though
                Oh, I don't mean to use the forum feature. I mean to just read his post, shake my head, and move on.
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Dion image in Quebec, seems to rising up, since 1-2 years!
                  bleh

Comment

Where do the Liberals and Greens stand on the war in Afghanistan?

Where does the NDP stand on free trade?
                    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

The Greens want to withdraw from Afghanistan, if you listen to them at their convention.

The Liberals are not so stupid, although they may decide to make a lot of noises about the current government's administration of the military if they want to lose for a while longer.

The NDP want out of free trade. They are still fighting the only election of recent memory that saw a majority of voters decide for a single party to decide an issue, that being the FT election and the trouncing all of the opposition received at the hands of Mulroney's Tories.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Are the Conservatives the only party that support the deep water port in Iqualit?
                        -Joan Robinson

Comment

The Conservatives are the only party proposing to spend serious money on Northern sovereignty.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Hmm... well I'm still no closer to chosing a party to identify with.

Other than the BQ does anyone support Quebec independence and/or the total supremacy of the French language in Quebc that the BQ seems to want to ram down our throats?
                            -Joan Robinson

Comment

No, I don't think so. There is a fringe party there though that could fit your bill. Action Democratique, or some such.

None of the other three mainstream parties, nor the Greens, would touch that poison. They get most or all of their seats and votes outside of Quebec.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Umm... you don't understand, any party that would have supported independence or other pro-French aims is immediately disqualified from being the party I support regardless of other positions. I figured it might be best to ask that question to prevent wasting time looking at positions of any party that I would never in a million years vote for, such as the BQ.
                                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                                X