Can you say "frivolous lawsuit"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Well, I hope that no one thinks Starbucks was in the right here. Just because the woman won't win her suit, at least it teaches Starbucks a valuable lesson.
    You're always keener to follow the legalist route when it suits your bias, aren't you?
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

An interesting case. Had the email offer been extended to just the employees and their family, this would still have been widely distributed but managable. However, Starbucks opened a can-o-worms by adding employees to email to "friends" too. This woman certainly has a case, but I agree with Spec: Why should she get the money? At most, she's owed a single free cup of coffee.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

interestingly enough i had a coupon that said that the offer may be changed or cancled at any time. well it was actually a stamp card for smoothies. i love smoothies.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
          Another interesting twist is I wonder if this will turn out to be one of those cases where an unscrupulous plaintiff's lawyer (yes, I know...) sought out someone to act as lead plaintiff for a little behind the scenes consideration. I find it hard to believe anyone would actually waste so much time and energy to contact a lawyer, do the up front work in filing a lawsuit, etc. without a little urging, or a little compensation. The lawyer can make a lot of money if this even looks like it's going anywhere, but the plaintiff has very little chance of making even close to minimum wage for her expenditure of time.
          This is almost certainly the case.
          It's one of the reasons I loath class actions.

Comment

Reading an article from the Seattle Times, it says the lady is a paralegal that doesn't work fo rthe lawyers firm.

But, I bet the two firms are very friendly.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
              interestingly enough i had a coupon that said that the offer may be changed or cancled at any time. well it was actually a stamp card for smoothies. i love smoothies.
              Well I hope you like raw bass, cause they changed the coupon and now it's only good for a small bass smoothy.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

lemme drink my bass smoothie in peace meanie.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                  You're always keener to follow the legalist route when it suits your bias, aren't you?

Say wha, fool?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                  X