How the hell did that work....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flubber
    Huh?-- I just assumed everyone played bongos and it wasn't something we needed to speak of
    Well, no one else does it, so it's probably best if you don't speak of it.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

Well, no one else does it, so it's probably best if you don't speak of it.
      NO bongos ??????? You are crushing my worldview.

Next you will be telling me that you people don't have sex twice every day either .
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Everybody smokes weed also while playing TAM TAMs

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
          NO bongos ??????? You are crushing my worldview.

Next you will be telling me that you people don't have sex twice every day either .
          Well um, uh, of course we do! Three, uh, no, four times! Yeah, that's it!
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

DAMN! I thought I'd be going to the TAM TAM that afternoon, but ended up staying at home, smoking weed with my brother. Would have been nice to see that.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Damn, looks like I missed something by playing Baldur's Gate II all day yesterday lol

That happened right next to where I shop for groceries normally.
              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

several years back, my unlce had to explain to his insurance agent how a plane landed on his car in the drive way

pictures no longer exist....darn
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Get one of these, and it won't really matter whether people pull over or not.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think there's an epidemic of street landings in Quebec, or a problem with all our cesnas.

Six hurt as plane crashes on street in St. Hubert

MAX HARROLD and RENE BRUEMMER, The Gazette
                    Published: Wednesday, September 13, 2006

For the second time in three days, a small single-engine plane was forced to make an emergency landing on a city street in the Montreal region.

Six people - two in the plane and four in automobiles - escaped with minor injuries yesterday after the four-seater Piper Cherokee aircraft attempted to land on Kimber Blvd. in South Shore St. Hubert in an industrial park near the local airport.

Bill Mack was driving on Kimber just before 4 p.m. when he saw the plane dip under a phone wire and head for his car.

Mack was taking his 82-year-old mother home from a hospital.

"I thought, 'Holy mackerel, it's a plane - it's going to hit us,' " Mack, 40, said. "We ducked beneath the windshield right before the wing ripped off my side-view mirror and took out all the windows on the driver's side."

Mack and his mother were a little shaken up but unharmed.

After striking his vehicle, the plane hit three other cars and flipped over, Mack said.

Mack and another witness, Max Lubin, rushed to the plane.

"The pilot's door was jammed shut," said Lubin, 21, who works as a mechanic at OK Tire Centre on Kimber. "I could see the pilot was moving and he was OK. Gas was raining out of the plane. We went to the other side and opened the door and helped the lady out."

Lubin helped the pilot and the woman passenger, who appeared to be in their 40s, to grass along the road. Longueuil police Constable Pierre Quintal said the pilot and his passenger - a married couple, according to witnesses - were taken to a hospital with neck and back injuries.

Four passengers in the cars were also treated for minor injuries. The driver of a school bus also had to be treated for shock.

The plane had taken off from St. Hubert Airport but airport officials could not say exactly when.

Soon after the crash, the plane lay sprawled in a sea of white foam sprayed by firefighters to prevent fire from breaking out.

There were conflicting reports about whether the plane engine was functioning before the crash.

"I heard the motor and I saw the propeller turning," Mack said. But Lubin said the plane was silent.

"Unfortunately, the pilot never made an emergency distress call to describe his problem," said Michel Beaudoin, head of operations at St. Hubert Airport. "He only radioed in at the last moment to tell us he was landing on the street."

Quintal said officials with the federal Transportation Safety Board were at the scene last night. A crane lifted the wreck onto a flatbed truck just after 9.

On Sunday, a Cessna Skyhawk with three people aboard made an emergency landing on Park Ave. just south of Mount Royal Ave. after its engine died .

The plane emerged with just a dented wing. No one was injured.

Safety board officials said that plane, which also took off from St. Hubert, might have had water condensed in its fuel tank.

Beaudoin said there is no chance the problem lies with a contaminated or leaking fuel tank at the airstrip.

"Those tanks are tested every day. The regulations are very, very strict - can you imagine if there was a problem with a major airliner?"
                    I have friends on Kimber street, so I go there often enough. That is definately not a street wide enough for an airplane.
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

This thread should be named "The official plane crashed in Quebec thread"

Comment

How about putting up massive banners saying "This is a City, NOT an Airport!"
                          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

I think it would be easier to just change all the traffic lights in town, and add a light for airplanes.

Comment

Glad to see no bongos were involved in this latest accident.
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

During the Cold War, the US gov't used to spec freeways for landing our largest bombers. Not sure if that requirement is still followed.
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X