No announcement yet.

Is Jesus Lord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong. Collective consciousness implies that none of the three persons is distinct from the others in terms of thought processes-again, heresy. You can't define these things easily and precisely without oversimplifying.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
      Originally posted by Wycoff
      That doesn't fit my experience. I wanted it for a long time, and I tried very hard to believe. I just couldn't. It was never real to me, even when I was trying to convince myself that it was.

A two-part question: how old are you, and how long is that "long time?"
      24 years old, and the "long time" was 11 years. Basically from the time I was 11 (when I first realized that I had doubts) up until I was 22.
      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok
        Wrong. Collective consciousness implies that none of the three persons is distinct from the others in terms of thought processes-again, heresy. You can't define these things easily and precisely without oversimplifying.
        Well, not Borg but lets say like the great link of the Founders.

And who are you to call me a heretick Benedict?
        I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wycoff
          Basically from the time I was 11 (when I first realized that I had doubts) up until I was 22.

That is reasonable. Realizing that you are not a "Christian," that you don't believe what's handed to you, can be a good thing. At least you aren't going to seminary to try to "find your way" and winding up as the blind leading the blind.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• And yet there is an overwhelming amount of evidence to support who Jesus and God are.
            Is that all from the bible? If so its all circular argumentation again.

If it is a man-made construct, then is it true Christianity?
            If it is a man made construct then yes it is 'true' Christianity. You assume divine inspiration in that reply.

My take on the Trinity thing:

God is like the creator and all powerful yada yada ya dude who sits in heaven.
            Jesus is God (or a part thereof) manifested in physical form to teach people the true path to salvation.
            The Holy Spirit is the Church and the divine inspiration that guides humanity in the way of Christs message till the end days.
            Or at least that's what I understand so far.

As for Christianity in general.
            I agree that it does contain some good moral axioms to live your life by and can be a good guide to being moral. However I'm personally far too skeptical to believe any of the divine stuff about it, no matter how much better it would make my life, which I think it would if I believed. I just can't believe in something that doesn't ring true to me.

Comment

Working...
            X