Attributes of Manhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attributes of Manhood

This is probably going to be a cross generational debate, for younger men believe in virileness and often conquests of the fleshly type as a major bar measuring the prowess of their manhood status.

Others, Chemical or Alcoholic Stewardship means the length of road travelled toward manhood.

Still others believe in Fighting.

Then as life awakens you the the harsh realities of mortality, you begin to often see the qualities of helping your fellow man and woman, not for the immediate return of gratuities, but of the inner peace of having helped someone in need.

Maybe helping youth by being a Big Brother?

What sayeth thou in this matter?

Gramps
    Number of Sexual Conquests?
    9.38%
    Amount of time Fighting?
    0.00%
    Party time ability?
    3.13%
    Doing good deeds in a not so good world?
    34.38%
    Minding own business
    15.63%
    Running a Banana/Plantaine Stand
    37.50%
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

none of the above.

sexual conquests. meh.

fighting. the true art is getting people to submit without lifting a finger

partying? who cares

good deeds. most good deeds have some selfish reason behind them.

minding own business. definately not

bananas aren't manly.

What does that leave? A man should be like iron and be dependable and supportive. He should always be strong and never have any emotional problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
      none of the above.
      ok, fair enough

sexual conquests. meh.
      I also agree

Great comeback, excellent philosphy, even perhaps winning their hearts eventually, thus gaining a friend

partying? who cares
      agreed

agreed some do but some are done because it the right thing to do...

agreed as well

bananas aren't manly.
      I agree but a lot of Apolytoners want that optoin so I included it

What does that leave? A man should be like iron and be dependable and supportive. He should always be strong and never have any emotional problems.
      That means a man must sometimes put on a front, show no vulnerability, which is bogus. It doesnt make sense for any human being to ignore their own weakness, in identifying a weakness, we can better deal with lifes true bitter reality. Maybe wishing or even believing you have to allways be strong and have no emotional problems works in theory, but in reality, men are human and sometimes face tough battles within they cant handle on their own. Nothing wrong with admitting vulnerability. I am not saying shirk duties of a man, but to say Be strong like Iron and have no emotional problems, thats impossible.

Gramps

Comment

Doing good deeds in a not so good world...although some fighting may be involved.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

men are reliable and keep their word, and set a good example.
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Men can bench press 225 lbs. Im almost there.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
              Men can bench press 225 lbs. Im almost there.
              Not a true attribute of a man.

I say that because I am a man, but have had several surgeries, including spine surgery, can not lift over 40 pounds, cannot do many things physical and may not due to nerve damage in arms,hands and spine.

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
                men are reliable and keep their word, and set a good example.
                Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Not a true attribute of a man.

I say that because I am a man, but have had several surgeries, including spine surgery, can not lift over 40 pounds, cannot do many things physical and may not due to nerve damage in arms,hands and spine.
                  well i think the standard should be if you could have at one point or did.

also if you have a **** and balls
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                    ok, fair enough

sexual conquests. meh.
                    I also agree

Great comeback, excellent philosphy, even perhaps winning their hearts eventually, thus gaining a friend

partying? who cares
                    agreed

agreed some do but some are done because it the right thing to do...

agreed as well

bananas aren't manly.
                    I agree but a lot of Apolytoners want that optoin so I included it

That means a man must sometimes put on a front, show no vulnerability, which is bogus. It doesnt make sense for any human being to ignore their own weakness, in identifying a weakness, we can better deal with lifes true bitter reality. Maybe wishing or even believing you have to allways be strong and have no emotional problems works in theory, but in reality, men are human and sometimes face tough battles within they cant handle on their own. Nothing wrong with admitting vulnerability. I am not saying shirk duties of a man, but to say Be strong like Iron and have no emotional problems, thats impossible.

Gramps
                    I just had a bad experience with this. Once I showed my vulnerable side, the other person started not liking me anymore. Women want men who are strong, not vulnerable.

Comment

Doing good deeds in a not so good world.

A good man's handshake is good as gold. A good man keeps his word, even if he's sorry he made the promise and it's more difficult than he counted on.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

good point

integrity

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

I just had a bad experience with this. Once I showed my vulnerable side, the other person started not liking me anymore. Women want men who are strong, not vulnerable.
                          Many women want men who are honest, not machismo windbags, or proud,stiff necked hardheads who wont admit that life is tough and having a loving partner is a blessing. Honesty is just that, if a female decides because a man can admit they cant do everything, then they freak, good riddance.

Kinda like a woman thinking they are all that. Young women think beauty is exterior but true beauty shines throughout the years, in actions and deeds and servitude

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            Doing good deeds in a not so good world.

A good man's handshake is good as gold. A good man keeps his word, even if he's sorry he made the promise and it's more difficult than he counted on.
                            Correct, and coming to someone they made a promise to and telling them they are having a problem keeping their word or promise and need help and guidance in doing so.

I have more respect for a man who tries and wont give up then fails, than one who just walks away.

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144

well i think the standard should be if you could have at one point or did.

also if you have a **** and balls
                              Ok, I used to do lots of things, if a person breaks into my house, I try but fail to thwart this invasion, bad things happen, am I a man for failing to defend my castle?

This would really bother me but is allways a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X