Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks this won't work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin
    With allies like this who needs enemies?
    With enemies like this who needs allies?

I sense that the Baluch insurgency, which is hotting up, played a role in this; the Pakistani Federal (i.e. Punjabi-dominated) government needs to shift troops to Baluchistan, prompting an effective surrender in NWFP. If the Baluchis want a "cease fire" too, they need to convince the Sindhis to start getting uppity again too.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I'd love to see the Baluchis of Pakistan and Iran rebel and form their own country if for no other reason then it would weaken both of them.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
        Is "Taleban" just the alternate British spelling for Taliban, or is this some sort of cheap rip-off organization with one letter different for legal purposes? Or have they outlawed telling stories now?
        Personally I'd put it down to someone who can't spell Pakistani:
        The Paistani government has announced a "peace deal"...
        EDIT: Although Wikipedia says that Taleban is just as correct as Taliban. Perhaps we should ask Mullah Omar.
        Last edited by MMC; September 5, 2006, 23:36.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

It's to early to assess what this means, but my guess is that the Taliban no longer has to fight a two front war, leaving it free to concentrate on fighting NATO in Afghanistan. If so, it's a huge setback for American strategy, and means higher casualties for NATO troops.
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
            It's to early to assess what this means, but my guess is that the Taliban no longer has to fight a two front war, leaving it free to concentrate on fighting NATO in Afghanistan. If so, it's a huge setback for American strategy, and means higher casualties for NATO troops.
            QFLOL

Comment

Oerdin: they're promising to not attack anyone but the means of enforcing that promise (the Pakistani checkpoints) are being withdrawn. The whole thing is a complete joke.
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Is Pakistan renouncing sovereignty over that land?
                I need a foot massage

Comment

No. They've just decided to stop fighting their own people in the interests of the US.
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Oerdin, my thoughts were exactly like yours when I read this story. It's a failure for Pakistan dressed up as an agreement that will never be met.
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                      Oerdin, my thoughts were exactly like yours when I read this story. It's a failure for Pakistan dressed up as an agreement that will never be met.
                      I don't think the Pakistani government ever expects it to be met, its just a bit of face-saving.
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
                        Is Pakistan renouncing sovereignty over that land?
                        They've never had control over it. The UK only had control over it by stationing a large army there while Pakistan prefers to not piss them off and let them do as they please while they spend their time putting down Buluchis and training terrorists to attack India.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                        X