No announcement yet.

Median income by state: changes under Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because we have these things called "laws" and "police" that will put you in "jail" for "theft."

And if you want to try and get rid of the police, we have an "army" with "tanks" and "bombs."

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      Because we have these things called "laws" and "police" that will put you in "jail" for "theft."

And if you want to try and get rid of the police, we have an "army" with "tanks" and "bombs."
      We're going to get some of those too.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

You tried that. You lost in the end when your own army and leaders decided your ideas weren't working.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          You tried that. You lost in the end when your own army and leaders decided your ideas weren't working.
          There is no end. Capitalist still sucks. Communism is the only viable future economic system.

Comment

This is a stupid threadjack. Back on the ignore list...

Comment

Comment

1. You need to include cost of benefits as well. My understanding is that they have been rising.

2. Part of the reason for lowering the median is expansion of lower paying jobs (including many for illegal immigrants). Would a higher unemployment rate but with a better "median" be better? (Like a company that prefers high margin, low volume over the converse?)

Comment

I didn't read the whole thread in its entirety so if I am repeating something excuse me.

I think there is one common sense issue to this equation that cannot be overlooked. If Americans require a wage 10-100x higher - plus costly benefits and govt regulations - to assemble a car, take a customer service call, or whatever, than foriegn labor forces (assuming transportation costs and tariffs arent prohibitive), the average median income will decline as -what could be argued as overpaid - jobs go overseas.

Comment

The average median income will decline anyway. Protectionism won't help things.

Comment

As the income drops so will prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
                        I didn't read the whole thread in its entirety so if I am repeating something excuse me.

I think there is one common sense issue to this equation that cannot be overlooked. If Americans require a wage 10-100x higher - plus costly benefits and govt regulations - to assemble a car, take a customer service call, or whatever, than foriegn labor forces (assuming transportation costs and tariffs arent prohibitive), the average median income will decline as -what could be argued as overpaid - jobs go overseas.
                        Great, so these companies can gut their profit margins to near zero/negative so they don't have to sell to people that make 10-100x as much, and we'll be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Why don't I just take your widget?
                          Because I for one would fight to protect my widget. If you want one, get your own
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

There is no end. Capitalist still sucks. Communism is the only viable future economic system.
                            Hmm since it was never that successful in the past or present, I guess hope for the future is all you have left
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                              I haven't posted one of those threads for a while, because job growth has been lagging. More in the 125,000/month range than the 175,000/month range that I like to see.
                              Given that both are relatively negative job growth numbers given the increase in population, I can't see why you like one and not the other.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

No they aren't.

Comment

Working...
                                X