Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and one injured FIU player came onto the field swinging a crutch at Miami players.
    A sideline-clearing brawl interrupted the third quarter of the Florida International-Miami game Saturday night, prompting the ejection of at least 10 players in the first meeting between the South Florida schools.

All these fights in football are never funny. But at the crutch guy.

IMO, if one team is clearly going to win (the one playing Florida Intl) and a fight happens, call the game and go home. Dunno if college ball rules allow for that though. But I mean, you see with a brawl that big and plus the one that broke out in the stands, that gets dangerous for the players and fans. The game is above all supposed to be clean and about good sportsmanship, and that's already blown. Just end it and go.

Oh yeah, year-long suspensions for players that throw first blows too. When things like this happen the hammer oughta come down.

EDIT: That's what ought to happen. Just to clarify the article says all involved will probably be suspended for one game.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• OK, now we're getting somewhere.

Nice INT, Auburn.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• USC going down?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Florida has lost. USC tied with ASU...
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Man, Florida got jobbed on that "fumble".

USC just went up on Arizona State.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• 500 posts... continue here:
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X