But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

love your neighbor as yourself

Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
        love your neighbor as yourself

yeah there's a few hotties I'd like to love.

Comment

kivod av v' em. Its central, Jon, its really central, and I think youre right its grouped with the duties to Hashem for important reasons.

Would you like some more stuff on Jewish sources?

Heres a quick one

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            But I'm not griping, so I don't know why you're on me.
            just the way you phrased it I guess. it sounded like a gripe about how you've had to put of certain things in life and want some sort of compensation from your child in the form of respect.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

It's basically a list of fundamental do's and don'ts for a tribal society with a hangup on the importance of their little particular god. The honour your mummy and daddy part fits perfectly to my eyes.

The odd part is that that's the one to have the "that you may long live in your land" bit. I mean, even those who thing those who dishonour their parents should be killed or exiled presumably thinks that murder is at least as serious a crime.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
              X