Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
    Shanghai = China?

I am not keen on the Chinese reading ability of whoever is the foreign correspondent for NYT, either.
    Well, you're Chinese has been corrected a few times here, so you really shouldn't critcize, especially with nothing to base it on other than you don't like what you see. But it's the next trend in China. You'll like it eventually. You have to, it's China!
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
      Well, your Chinese has been corrected a few times here
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Why don't they just rename the course social studies?
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I always thought social studies was history? *shrug*

At any rate, it seems like this is a new "approach" to history...something social anthropologists might like. I wouldn't term it "history" really, but what do I know. It's perhaps lying by omission, but it's not outright it seems.

Also, I have had some conversations with people about the need to study history anyway. Yeah, most people don't know what Pearl Harbor was December 7, 1941 and that World War II ended in 1945, but why's it matter? I had a bit of a hard time convincing people that it did...
          Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Originally posted by Mao
            Also, I have had some conversations with people about the need to study history anyway. Yeah, most americans don't know what Pearl Harbor was December 7, 1941 and that World War II ended in 1945, but why's it matter? I had a bit of a hard time convincing people that it did...
            Corrected
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Working...
            X