No announcement yet.

Greece 101 - USA 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The field goal percentages in the 30s against Germany sort of makes this understandable.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Thorgal

Of course not. Having in mind as easily the selected NBA players team was defeaed by Greece any NBA team hardly had reached semifinals.
      of course, that flies in the face of the primary reason for the US demise-lack of chemistry and teamwork. The sum is less than the individual parts. You can't select an all star team and expect it to work as well as teams that were developed. in the 90's it worked, but now other nations have quite well developed programs that are more suited to this type of competition. I think using the HEAT or the NBA champion (ignoring obvious problems with that such as international players on us teams and free agency issues) as the US team would have produced better results, as that team knows each other intimately and what to expect and anticipate from each other.

Comment

What happened to our basketball team?

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

of course, that flies in the face of the primary reason for the US demise-lack of chemistry and teamwork. The sum is less than the individual parts. You can't select an all star team and expect it to work as well as teams that were developed. in the 90's it worked, but now other nations have quite well developed programs that are more suited to this type of competition. I think using the HEAT or the NBA champion (ignoring obvious problems with that such as international players on us teams and free agency issues) as the US team would have produced better results, as that team knows each other intimately and what to expect and anticipate from each other.
          Exactly the same occurs with any national selections in the world. Players rarely play together. Precisely look at the English or Spanish football national teams, having maybe the best league they cant build a winning national team.
          Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
            You did? Now that's something Saras didn't tell me about.
            he missed it apparently
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Thorgal

Exactly the same occurs with any national selections in the world. Players rarely play together. Precisely look at the English or Spanish football national teams, having maybe the best league they cant build a winning national team.
              well the current greek team is more or less the same for at least the last three years (since before the olympics)
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Congratulations to Greece

US shooting was very bad 2 games in a row. They managed to beat Germany with defense, but could not do the same against Greece. Also, US may want to spend more time practicing free throws.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

JM: Didn't see the game, nor have I heard any accounts, but Greece probably played a tough zone defense (not allowed in the NBA) and the US couldn't break them out of it by hitting their shots.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG

he missed it apparently
                    Nah.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Comment

Well, Spain basket World Champions at last.
                        Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

i have no words to describe how we sucked in this championship. good thing is, we lost against really great teams.

Oh, btw, our football team managed an away 1:1 with italy in Euro qualifiers
                          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

So? We beat Poland 3-1! What can I say... crazy first round robbers... We'll get our ass handed to us on wednesday against POrtugal though..
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                              JM: Didn't see the game, nor have I heard any accounts, but Greece probably played a tough zone defense (not allowed in the NBA) and the US couldn't break them out of it by hitting their shots.
                              Not true. There is no illegal defence call for over 5 years now, so this excuse doesn't count.

Greece
                              Spain (though they robbed us at the last Euro)

Comment

Can we have a new gloating thread about Greece's defeat?

Pretty please?
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X