Power Station Attacked by Climate Change Clowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Station Attacked by Climate Change Clowns

Twenty-eight campaigners have been arrested during a "mass day of action" against carbon emissions at Britain's largest coal-fired power station.

Hundreds of demonstrators plan to disrupt operations at Drax Power Station in North Yorkshire.

The arrests were for various offences including carrying offensive weapons and trespassing on the Drax premises.
    Typical stupid dolers and bored impressionable students I guess.

www.my-piano.blogspot

well they suceeded in getting climate change in the news again and raising awareness of this power station that youre not allowed to walk near for your own health
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Re: Power Station Attacked by Climate Change Clowns

Originally posted by Park Avenue
      Spot on. Too bad that by the time they've grown up there's a new generation to take their place.

Comment

If only we could harness the power of their over-sized floppy feet....
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Anyone who by now still doesn't believe that mankind is the root cause of the unprecendented levels of CO2 in the atmosphere and their contribution to climate change, is an irredeemable moron...

Oh look, Park Avenue and Sikander...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Hey SIkander, I wonder if the media over there have been reporting the congressional hearing in late July with McIntyre and how it was played out?

We heard absolutely nothing about it over here in the UK, despite it leading to the complete refuting of the most iconic images of climate change.

ps.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
              well they suceeded in getting climate change in the news again and raising awareness of this power station
              The climate change lobby is hardly media-starved. I had to avoid buying The Independent today because if its massive front page anti-Drax campaign. Sky TV are endlessly plugging their Al Gore programme.

What could do with getting in the news is some refutation of the non-stop scaremongering and the dubious methods used to establish the 'consensus'.

Comment

I live about 5 miles from drax
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Re: Power Station Attacked by Climate Change Clowns

Originally posted by Park Avenue

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/5300560.stm
                  Stupid dolers, bored impressionable students and the leaders of the 8 most powerful nations on earth...

Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

What does that graph show?

The indy seems get carried away with championing causes. Ive lost a lot of respect for it since their coverage of the iraq war, their editorial policy doesnt seem nearly as independent anymore

perhaps this is an issue thats needs all the coverage it can get? individuals can reduce their carbon burden in a number of ways, but is this regularly practiced in the majority?

Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus What could do with getting in the news is some refutation of the non-stop scaremongering and the dubious methods used to establish the 'consensus'.
                      The "consensus" is only among the closed network of climatologists - when statisticians see the methods employed (assuming the raw data hasn't been hidden, cherry-picked or manipulated already), they are staggered to see how policy can be affected by a group that only peer reviews itself and reaches such dubious conclusions.

www.climateaudit.com may be of interest for those interested in the science of this.
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

There's plenty of bad data and misrepresentation from both sides and peer review etc. has worked amazingly well in science over one of the most amazing eras in human scientific progress.

The thing to remember is, whatever problems statisticians find with the data doesn't disprove climate change, it just means that the proofs have to be more rigourous.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

I thought most scientists accepted climate change but there was still disagreement over the causes
                          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
                            I thought most scientists accepted climate change but there was still disagreement over the causes
                            One would given the one-sided view of it in the British media.
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                              There's plenty of bad data and misrepresentation from both sides and peer review etc. has worked amazingly well in science over one of the most amazing eras in human scientific progress.

The thing to remember is, whatever problems statisticians find with the data doesn't disprove climate change, it just means that the proofs have to be more rigourous.
                              There is no disproving to be done. The case has not yet been made.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X