Thatcher and Attlee Best 20th Century PMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odin
    WTF? I thought most Brits HATE Thatcher. And WTF is with Churchill being below Attlee?
    Docked points for being senile and useless, to the extent that his own party were desperate to get rid of him, in the 1950's.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

What did Heath do to deserve 3, Alex?
      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Interesting that the "Greatest Briton of all time" was half American.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          Interesting that the "Greatest Briton of all time" was half American.
          And most of the men reckoned by many to be the greatest American's of all time were all entirely British
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
            What did Heath do to deserve 3, Alex?
            It gets overshadowed by the Thatcherite fawning, but it was Heath who was the first PM to really take on the unions. Steps such as the 3-day week were probably an over-reaction, but he took on a difficult challenge and made progress. In the time he had, he was far bolder than Thatcher was in her first term.

I think Heath is an underrated PM, but I didn't rate his economic policy. He gets 3 from me.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I understand that the polls say that ya'll are going to be getting a conservative PM next election.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I'd say the polls are a little premature. They're on approval rating, not voting. The party in power usually has a lower approval rating than the opposition, but incumbents are still more likely to win elections, IIRC. I'd put it at around 50/50, personally.
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Working...
                X