No announcement yet.

The worst part about getting a new job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a crappy experience in a hospital today. I had to do my pre-employment physical which was supposed to take 1.5 hours in total. Instead it turned into a 4 hour ordeal where after making me strip to my underwear and put on one of those aweful hospital gowns where your ass hangs out the back and I had to keep waiting at each check up station. The worst was when they wanted to give me an EKG.

The first three didn't take due to "The connectors not getting a good connection", hmmm. After the second attempt I asked them if they were sure their EKG machine was working properly which they said it was. On the fourth one they told me they'd have to shave part of my legs to get a "good connection", to which I asked them if they were absolutely positive that was necissary. Of course the nurse said it was so I let them shave part of my legs like I was a girl.

Once they were done with that one the nurses said the doctor would be in shortly to read the EKG; when the doctor (an Asian lady who was around 28 years old) came in and informed me I had had multiple heart attacks which I had failed to tell them about.

Me: "Ummm, no. I haven't had any heart attacks. I'm thirty so that would be very unusual."

Lady Doctor: "The machine doesn't lie."

Me: "It totally didn't work the first four times so it makes sense that it is not working the fifth time."

Lady Doctor: "Well, I am uncomfortable with these readings so I will have to order another round of tests."

Me: "Can we use another machine? It seems to me that this one is broken."

Lady Doctor: "Maybe but we check our machines regularly so I doubt that is it."

Me: "I'd know if I had multiple heart attacks so I believe this EKG machine is giving a bad reading just like the other four times. Can we use a different machine?"

Lady Doctor: "Hmmm, ok but I doubt it is the machine."

15 minutes later they had wheeled in a new machine and she told me my heart was fine and it must have just been a malfunctioning EKG machine. DUH! DO YOU ****ING THINK?!!
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
      I get 25 + our 7 national holidays. Pretty standard.

Poor oppressed Americans.
      Lazy Euros never doing any work.

Comment

how can the machine tell if you had heart attacks?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
          I get 25 + our 7 national holidays. Pretty standard.

Poor oppressed Americans.
          I get 25 + 5 for Christmas - New Year week (obviously less when either isn't on a weekend) + however many bank holidays is left after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            how can the machine tell if you had heart attacks?
            Something about the electrical responses coming from your heart.

Comment

Originally posted by rah

I also get 25 + nationals (9 or 10)
              so not all of us Americans are oppressed
              Commie!
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
              X