The worst part about getting a new job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    You're not taking your avatar with you, are you?
    My new work actually has decent holiday pay. There are the six federal holidays plus 17 floating holidays per year that you can use as you please for a total of 23 per year.

It then adds on 5 days per year every fourth year. 0-3 years at the company gets you 23 days per year, 4-7 = 28, 8-11 = 33, and it tops out at 38 per year if someone manages to stay with the company that long.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      The worst thing about new jobs is you still don't have one yet.
      I have a job thank you. I'm just jumping from one job to another while skipping that whole being unemployed part.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: The worst part about getting a new job.

Originally posted by Oerdin
        Is having to get the pre-employment physical. I've fasted since yesterday around 6pm and in two hours I'm off to get pooked and prodded by some old doctor. At least I'm having lunch with my girlfriend.

I have never had a pre employment physical. Except for the navy of course (they even put their finger up my ass ).

But I'm not into those "higher up" jobs that actually care about the health of their employees.

Comment

that's some awesome holiday time Oerdin
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rah
            The worse thing about new jobs is losing vacation time.
            Unless you're smart enough to negotiate that before accepting your new job.
            hmmm-- I just gave my notice with my prior employer to coincide with my last day of my vacation

I had also negotiated for industry credit for vacation entitlement. Even though I have been here 3 months I get credited with a "start date" 10 years before that
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

holiday time

17 days (plus federal) isn't really that much ... I work in retail, and I get 16 plus federal...
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

hmmm-- I just gave my notice with my prior employer to coincide with my last day of my vacation

I had also negotiated for industry credit for vacation entitlement. Even though I have been here 3 months I get credited with a "start date" 10 years before that
                I guess you're smart
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The worst thing for me

was that my former employer employed a ton a hotties, while the new place was pretty much dominated by older out shape men.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

The worst thing about getting a new job for me is that those who are making approaches can't meet my salary demands

God I love having recently become fully qualified.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

My new work actually has decent holiday pay. There are the six federal holidays plus 17 floating holidays per year that you can use as you please for a total of 23 per year.

It then adds on 5 days per year every fourth year. 0-3 years at the company gets you 23 days per year, 4-7 = 28, 8-11 = 33, and it tops out at 38 per year if someone manages to stay with the company that long.
                      That didn't answer the question...
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I scoff at 17 days holiday time...just had over 35 and that is just for my summer

Holidays, give teaching meaning.

Comment

I get 25 + our 7 national holidays. Pretty standard.

Poor oppressed Americans.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Good job. Have a Hodad's burger for me. With the onions and fries and that red spicy stuff. And a shake with the metal can...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                              I get 25 + our 7 national holidays. Pretty standard.

Poor oppressed Americans.
                              I also get 25 + nationals (9 or 10)
                              so not all of us Americans are oppressed
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I get squat for holidays but since I rarely work hard I guess I shouldn't complain.
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X