No announcement yet.

The worst part about getting a new job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst part about getting a new job.

Is having to get the pre-employment physical. I've fasted since yesterday around 6pm and in two hours I'm off to get pooked and prodded by some old doctor. At least I'm having lunch with my girlfriend.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Hopefully she will pook you as well.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I've never been pooked before, I don't think I'd like it.......

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Er... Typos happen.

Comment

Is good physical condition required for the job?

I've never been physically inspected for employment before.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

They dont require physicals when you clean dishes.

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

In California they sort of have to check to make sure they aren't hiring junkies...

good luck Oerdin
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                Er... Typos happen.
                I'm sure if I was getting pooked, I'd type poorly too.....

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

It's not a physical, I don't imagine. You'll piss in a cup.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                    Is good physical condition required for the job?

I've never been physically inspected for employment before.
                    In geology you end up doin a lot of field work so they want to check people out before they do it to make sure they don't have heart conditions or what not. Also the insurance company wants to verify what people's hearing is like before hand just so no one can later claim and existing condition was caused by the employer.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      It's not a physical, I don't imagine. You'll piss in a cup.
                      No it is a complete physical but there is also a drug test.

The good news is a got a nice $8k raise by jumping to a new employer.

Comment

The worse thing about new jobs is losing vacation time.
                        Unless you're smart enough to negotiate that before accepting your new job.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Unless you live in somewhere in the world that doesn't have outrageously harsh holiday entitlements like they do in the US.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

You're not taking your avatar with you, are you?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The worst thing about new jobs is you still don't have one yet.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X