• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Soccer is not a tough sport.
    No, but football is.

Soccer
    Football
    Ef þú getur lesið þetta þá kanntu kannski íslensku. Það getur verið að þú sért að vera sniðugur eins og viss herramaður sem ég nafngreini ekki. Eða að þú sért Færeyingur eða Nojari.

Comment

In an effort to "toughen up" my younger brother, who was half my age at 10 years old, I was ragging on his soccer skills...beating him every way from Tuesday...and really giving him no shot at all. Finally, following an embarrassing nutmeg, he turned and said, "Yeah, well, I bet I can beat you at Mortal Combat."

If he's telling personal anecdote, I'll do so as well. My best friend's brother was unequivocally the best Halo player I've ever known. He could win any gunfight at close range by jumping over the other player's head and clubbing him in the back, which is an automatic kill. At far range, I've never seen him take more than four pistol shots to make a kill, and in general it took him the minimum of three. However, he also could run a sub-4:50 mile and he was fairly good at lacrosse. He was also pretty smart. He joined ROTC, and he's going off to Quantico now to become an officer in the Marines. I'm betting he'll be one hell of a marksman. I'm just saying I'd feel a lot safer in a foxhole with Evan than with this fellow.

OTOH, this guy beat his 10-year-old brother in soccer.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I don't see why we should 'fight' when being kids. There's nothing wimpy about not fighting. I simply laugh at kiddos trying to be tough, and they're pathetic because they're so weak they have to resort to violence time and time again.
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Not necessarily. If you give your lunch money to a kid who isn't even bigger than yourself, then you are a wimp. If you let yourself be dominated when you have at least equal chance of defending yourself, and you don't do that.. you're a wimp. If you let your good friend be dominated and watch that happening, you are a wimp.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            If you let yourself be dominated when you have at least equal chance of defending yourself, and you don't do that.. you're a wimp. If you let your good friend be dominated and watch that happening, you are a wimp.
            I'll bet there are a few S&M clubs who would disagree with those two sentences.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              Not necessarily. If you give your lunch money to a kid who isn't even bigger than yourself, then you are a wimp. If you let yourself be dominated when you have at least equal chance of defending yourself, and you don't do that.. you're a wimp. If you let your good friend be dominated and watch that happening, you are a wimp.
              But you don't have to fight to not be a wimp. In elementary and middle school and even into high school, I was one of the smallest, weakest kids around. I was constantly heckled and made fun of, and constantly threatened and bullied.

But no one ever got my lunch money. No one ever hit me. No one ever made me run away or any such thing.

It was a simple matter of not giving a ****. If someone threatened to beat me up, I would say, "Okay," smile, and walk away. If someone demanded my lunch money, I would give them a confused look, ask, "Why would I do that?" and then walk away.

Bullies don't know how to respond to courage or confidence.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Of course you don't have to fight to be a non-wimp

"Bullies don't know how to respond to courage or confidence."

Some do. But if we're talking about stereotypical bully then I agree with you, they are just looking for a weaker person they can bully so they can enjoy the illusion of power they supposedly have. Sadism is their cup of tea.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Yeah lol, simply don't feel intimidated and put a smirk on your face and ignore their puny attempts. The exception here is a full blown gang of 12+ lean mean mofos hitting on you
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                    Europeans have always been soft.
                    Is that why we enslaved two thirds of the world in the 19th century?

And those two blood-baths that we call WW1 and WW2 were just tee partys right?

stereotypical french accent: Zee stupid Americains.
                    I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

It stands to reason

That since Wimps are making our Games
                      That the Games are making us Wimps
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Poly is making you whimps.

That''s why I hang out here often, to prevent it of happening by giving you manly advice.

Me and KH are your only hopes.

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

we're doomed
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

I know, but we'll try anyways. Canadians never give up on anyone...haven't you seen those blue helmets? They get shot at, dont shoot back and still stay there!

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

what are they trying to do that they aren't giving up on?
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Wait until he tastes my dragon punch !
                                Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Working...
                                X