No announcement yet.

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact is we're not all going to agree here.

I like the following stats:

Skaters (6 stats): G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SOG
    Goalies (3 stats): SV%, GAA, W
    2 starts

This addresses, in my mind, several problems:
    - There is an odd number of stats, not going to be any 4-4 ties...
    - Skaters have an increased impact on points relative to a goalie's impact on points
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• if you go 3 starts minimum, and someone gets stuck with only 1 starter, that person might get screwed a good number of weeks whenever the backup comes in.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• I am fine with anything that keeps 16 teams and two goalies. Most of the dynamics of number of stats and how it affects scoring I am going to learn on the fly so I don't want to voice an opinion.

I am a little concerned with the 10 hour rule (if in effect). I am online every day, I just can't access Apolyton during the day. After 5 pm or so until midnight (CST) I should be good to go, but if the person before me posts at 12:05 it could be 17 hours before I am back online and able to make my pick.

I would like to get around this by involving an outside source (someone not in the draft) who I would send a short list to and he could post my pick as it comes up due. (Just not sure who that person would be yet, but I am sure I could find a volunteer among other games/eventis).

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I'd be fine with Asher's suggestion, I suppose.

Comment

• I'm hesitant to add PIM because I don't want Thorton's 6 goals in 1 week to be equaled in point total by Wade Belak's 50 PIM in one week.

Remember each stat is worth the same in the end -- getting goals is a far bigger accomplishment than getting sent to the box for unsportsmanlike conduct...
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
              I am a little concerned with the 10 hour rule (if in effect). I am online every day, I just can't access Apolyton during the day. After 5 pm or so until midnight (CST) I should be good to go, but if the person before me posts at 12:05 it could be 17 hours before I am back online and able to make my pick.
              You're not alone. Many can't access Poly from work. During the day I'm going to be in a car without 'net access.

Judging from last year, in the evening it'll be "bursty" in activity...so everyone should try to be on in the evening or check it frequently.

Comment

• You know what - just make the call, 'Tiki - that's why we appointed you.

I'm done debating - I need to start pulling some numbers together, because I was not anticipating starting a draft this early. Good thing I have plenty of time before it's my pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Mustard
                  You know what - just make the call, 'Tiki - that's why we appointed you.
                  That won't work here, it's very possible that several players will accuse 'Tiki later of chosing stats to his benefit...

If last season made anything painfully obvious, the commissioner is not to use judgement or make any decisions himself, he is merely a reflection of a democratic voting scheme...

Comment

• Hot Mustard

Comment

• I agree to switching GAA for SHOs. Six of one, one less than half a dozen of the other (in favour of weaker goalies).

Adding a skater stat is fine too, it's just a matter of which one. SOG could be OK, if a bit less than steller.

Many people don't want brawlers. Several don't want SH stats. SOG could be the middle ground.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I'm definitely leaning towards 2 starts - I just think three is going to be too hard to come by with a minimum of 32 goalies selected. I'd rather have someone lose the goalie stats in a week because they got outplayed rather than not being able to put enough games together.
                        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Mustard
                          You know what - just make the call, 'Tiki - that's why we appointed you.

I'm done debating - I need to start pulling some numbers together, because I was not anticipating starting a draft this early. Good thing I have plenty of time before it's my pick.
                          After we rearrange it I'm going to need a little time myself.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
                            I'm definitely leaning towards 2 starts - I just think three is going to be too hard to come by with a minimum of 32 goalies selected. I'd rather have someone lose the goalie stats in a week because they got outplayed rather than not being able to put enough games together.
                            OK.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                              I am fine with anything that keeps 16 teams and two goalies. Most of the dynamics of number of stats and how it affects scoring I am going to learn on the fly so I don't want to voice an opinion.

I would like to get around this by involving an outside source (someone not in the draft) who I would send a short list to and he could post my pick as it comes up due. (Just not sure who that person would be yet, but I am sure I could find a volunteer among other games/eventis).

* Sparrowhawk
                              We could send a single pick to someone after us in the draft and if that person is on he posts it. If your guy is already gone he could post that and we wait for you.

There are many ways to get through this without draconian imposition of the BAPAY principle.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• I'm out.

sorry guys, I won't have the time to keep up with this...
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X