Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Horse****
    That's just what the trainer at the gym said. I think that if you do more, then it stops being 'cardio' and becomes training.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Nutrition:

Immediately after weightlifting, I eat a chocolate bar/drink a soda and eat 5 hard-boiled eggs.

Other than that, most of my meals are based around chicken breast, breads, pastas and fruit. I eat 3 times a day and take in 2700 calories daily, along with 130-140 grams of protein
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

That's just what the trainer at the gym said. I think that if you do more, then it stops being 'cardio' and becomes training.

JM
        That's what it should be...

If you're not increasing your fitness level then you're just standing still. If I wasn't getting stronger every time I worked out then what the hell use is lifting weights? If I'm not getting faster then what the hell use is running?
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Keeping your heart and lungs and system healthy?

Same thing with doing more reps of less weight.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Currently I try to do some days with light cardio.. heart rate only gets to 160 or so (and generally stays above 135), and some days of heavy cardio, where heart rate gets to 180 or so (and generally stays above 160).

I use to go up to 200 or so, but now I am much more nervious about such things becuase of my blood pressure issues (although I expect that when I all out run outside that I get up that high).

For people of our age range, 135 is the start of the cardio area. Actually, 170 or so is the end of the cardio area.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Keeping your heart and lungs and system healthy?

Same thing with doing more reps of less weight.

JM
              standing still
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It's all about where you want to put energy into, I guess. I do need to put energy into getting in shape though.. but even with my more relaxed schedule I am sore all the time, which is distracting.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I don't think you have ever been down at the horribly out of shape end of the spectrum. Standing still (for you) is not going towards the place where I am right now and I don't want to be.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

i do a three day schedule twice a week

(Sa, Tu) 1: chest : right arm angle fly, extended arm fly, incline bench press, chest press

3 sets x 10 reps

(Su, Wed)2: triceps/shoulders: Shoulder press, Tri extension (machine), tri pulldown (one arm at a time, palm down), rope tri extension pull down, tri pulldown (one arm at a time palm up)

3 sets x 10 reps

(M, Th)3: Biceps/shoulders:

Butterfly Shoulder Lift, Bicep Curl (Machine), Bicep Curl (Cable Machine, Same Time), Butterfly/Bicep Curl (Cable Machine, Bicep Curl (Cable, Individual)

3 sets x 10 reps

Six Days a week with fridays off. I do 5-6 hours of cardio on the weekend. The biggest limiting factor for me is time. I work full time, I will be going to school part time. I have only an hour a day to dedicate to working out and Im trying to make big gains and then tone the gains out once I hit my goals.

The second limiting factor is my nutrition. I take about 120 grams of whey a day, and eat about one chicken breast/ half a pound of Beef every day, dont eat sweets ever, but I love beer and alcohol. But Ive started to cut that out a month ago and notice a difference.

All said in 4 months I went from unnable to do 100 lbs on the bench press to 190. My biceps are coming slowly though, but Im not trying to win the gun show. I feel great, look great, and the skys the limit.

My goals are:
                    1.5 time bodyweight on Bench (Currently 190)
                    Bodyweight on curls (Currently 90)
                    Bodyweight on tri extension (160)
                    Bodyweight on shoulder press (120)
                    Abs (which will be the hardest part)

Im 165 give or take 2 lbs.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

It's all about where you want to put energy into, I guess. I do need to put energy into getting in shape though.. but even with my more relaxed schedule I am sore all the time, which is distracting.

JM
                      you shouldnt be sore all the time, and as you get in a routine you will no longer be sore for more than a day or two if you get the right amount of protien and rest. being sore is fun cause you get to talk about how youre sore from lifting.
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Well, what with all the vacations I have done, I haven't really gotten into the weight lifting routine yet (I only started doing some a month ago..).

Which is some of it, however, I did use to do heavy weights three days a week, and that did sap my energy (also did 5 days of cardio). It was probably healthy for me, but I didn't have energy for a lot of the other things I want to do now.

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

it shouldnt sap your energy if youre compensating by eating enough after a workout. also drink coffee.

Comment

Coffee kills me, ever since my high blood pressure issues started. I use limited quantities to stay awake at times, but considering the effect on my blood pressure, to use it and exercise at the same time would be asking for a stroke.

Additionally, exercise does take energy, that is the point of exercise.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

right, but usually I have more energy after a workout, up until about 4-5 hours afterwards.

Comment

More energy right after a work out, but less energy on that day.. need to sleep more.. etc.

More energy overall, that is a work related reason for me getting back into shape, but you really only reap the extra energy on days where you don't exercise heavily.

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X