Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, It was a Good Run (Stargate: SG-1 Cancelled)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG
    Blah

Comment

theres nothing on the bloody box at 4pm so Ive been watching SG1. i didnt used to like the show, found it a bit one dimensional. Then I saw an episode with some barber dude was like dreaming about everything and writing it then suddenly the plot made sense. The episodes they are showing at the moment are after the egyptian reading archeological guy has gone, buggered if i know what series that is. I really like watching this now

It makes me laugh every time mcguyver is having his team talking about all the deep science and the expression on his face lets you know he hasnt a clue whats going on and hes just relying on his gut and trusting his team
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

SG1 became trash right after the beginning of the 4th season
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          I couldn't STAND that TV show...
          shocker.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I'm quite interested in Stargate movie sequels not attached to SG1. I think that could be a refreshing look on a now old universe.

The only thing that really bothers me about SG1 being cancelled is that Atlantis was renewed; Atlantis is the inferior show, imo. And I was disappointed when they didn't get the original actor to play diplomat lady on the show. Man. Totally blanking on her name right now.
            Last edited by Lorizael; August 22, 2006, 11:46.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I never liked SG1, or Atlantis... Just couldn't get into it, and it never got compelling to me.

On the other hand, I did like the movie.
              B♭3

Comment

The show did tend to peter out with the coming of the superpowered preachers. I like Ben Browder and Claudia Black from Farscape, but they really couldn't revive the show.

I miss Farscape.

BSG is great.
                Last edited by Blaupanzer; August 22, 2006, 10:58.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

It was bound to happen. No show can go on forever. SG1 had a great run with 10 seasons. That's really good!

I kinda wished the show had ended on a real finale back in season 7 or 8 instead of starting a brand new story arc that most likely will not get wrapped up properly. In fact, "Threads" would have made the perfect finale, IMO.
                  'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                  G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                    I'm quite interested in Stargate movie sequels not attached to SG1. I think that could be a refreshing looking on a now old universe.

The only thing that really bothers me about SG1 being cancelled is that Atlantis was renewed; Atlantis is the inferior show, imo. And I was disappointed when they didn't get the original actor to play diplomat lady on the show. Man. Totally blanking on her name right now.
                    Jessica Steen. I was a bit disappointed, too, as I have a preference for blondes.

Sorta sad, but SG1 has had a long run. Hasn't been the same since RDA left. I watch Atlantis, too, but feel more invested in SG1.

Hope BSG maintains its quality.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                      Hope BSG maintains its quality.
                      It was doing pretty well, apart from the latest 3-4 Seasons.
                      Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                      "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                        I never liked SG1, or Atlantis... Just couldn't get into it, and it never got compelling to me.

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I liked SG1. Not enough to go out of my way to watch it or anything, but I was entertained most of the time. That's better than many, many, TV shows.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Anyone saw episode 200 this weekend? Good to see that they don't take themselves too serious. Still laughing at the "Thunderbirds" part
                            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                            And notifying the next of kin
                            Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

Ditto.
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X