"Complex" plot of blow up UK airlines foiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Ummm... you are aware that emabssies are US soil.

Continue running tho'.
    Ok, then bush has hardly gone a week without a terrorist strike on US soil

check mate
    Pentagenesis for Civ III
    Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
    Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

• You could also argue that TWA 800 was an attack by Muslims, whatever really happened with it nonwithstanding.
      "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

• Originally posted by NeOmega

Ok, then bush has hardly gone a week without a terrorist strike on US soil

check mate
        Really every week. That many attacks on Iraq embassy.

Not even close.

In fact I'm hard pressed to think of a newstory indicating the US embassy in Baghdad has come under fire yet at all. (but I will admit the possibility very likely that it has since 2003)

Please give cites if you have them.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Really every week. That many attacks on Iraq embassy.

Not even close.

In fact I'm hard pressed to think of a newstory indicating the US embassy in Baghdad has come under fire yet at all. (but I will admit the possibility very likely that it has since 2003)

Please give cites if you have them.
          No, at least once a month, the embassy comes under attack.

I am not going to show you exactly how your king is pinned in, suffice to say, your patronizing attitude made this small victory all the more sweeter. (I do remember Kenya, BTW) You thought you won on a technicality, and instead you lost. And now, you are insulting me by asking me to provide links to quite common knowledge to anyone who pays attention to the Iraq war.

Next you'll ask me to provide proof 2 American soldiers are dying a day in Iraq.
          Pentagenesis for Civ III
          Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

• I am not going to show you exactly how your king is pinned in, suffice to say, your patronizing attitude made this small victory all the more sweeter. (I do remember Kenya, BTW) You thought you won on a technicality, and instead you lost.

I wouldn't call attacks on American embassies in neutral countries a technicality. I would call attacks on American embassies in the middle of a war zone a technicality.

Comment

• I wish people would be half as suspicious and condemning of terrorists and their supporters as they apparently are of security forces and politicians.
              Yeah it is like a double whammie for us. We should worry about state and non-state terrorism.

to che.

No terroist ever surrounded me and questioned and went through my things because I happened to be wearing black.
              Yet the governments have been starting to embrace the use of the color black, a la the Cult of Saturn. Most police have changed their uniform's color from praetorian guard blue to police state black. Black is the color of Saturn, the Black Sun, and represents authority and order.

I wonder what reactions those statements will get.

Put bombs in buildings and mass transit networks?

So the terrorists arent so personally intereted in you, Guev.
              Che also took into account the area of affectation and degree of the government versus that of a terrorist network.
              "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

No, at least once a month, the embassy comes under attack.

I am not going to show you exactly how your king is pinned in, suffice to say, your patronizing attitude made this small victory all the more sweeter. (I do remember Kenya, BTW) You thought you won on a technicality, and instead you lost. And now, you are insulting me by asking me to provide links to quite common knowledge to anyone who pays attention to the Iraq war.

Next you'll ask me to provide proof 2 American soldiers are dying a day in Iraq.
                Translation. "I can't provide evidence and have instead made typically over the top remarks."

BTW it was Kenya AND Tanzania.

AS for
                And now, you are insulting me by asking me to provide links to quite common knowledge to anyone who pays attention to the Iraq war
                No it would be insulting to myself if proven oitherwise. (I suspect my fragile ego can withstand the abuses that might ensue however. Hopefuly the 'insult' I dealt you finds you similarly armored.) I fail to see how asking for you to provide links and cites is in anyway insulting if the evidence was as prevalent as you say. But now that you bring up insulting I fully admit I meant to be in the quip I started with, in case you weren't following.

IMO it would be newsworthy to say the embassy came under attack as that is in the supposed green zone. Now I will be the first to admit it might have happened and stray shots may be occurring, but your case is completely weak and without merit without supporting documentation.

Please provide such evidence or withdraw.

Furthermore Kuci's remarks are exceedingly apt. The inference you made regarding heightened security measures of the Clintonian era being especially effective are only directly correlated to areas not in a war zone as that is the extent of where criminal investiagtions most fully hold sway. We were talking investigations leading to prevention of attacks on US soil weren't we?
                Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe; August 14, 2006, 13:15.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Translation. "I can't provide evidence and have instead made typically over the top remarks."

Please provide such evidence or withdraw.
                  OK, you asked for it.

Saudi Arabia

Baghdad

"has led to a surge in mortar and rocket attacks on the fortified Green Zone, the compound that houses the main components of the Iraqi government and the U.S. Embassy, Khalilzad was quoted as saying."

You can google the rest. Most major attacks occured in the early years of the war, but rocket attacks are still quite frequent.

Like I said, My rook has you pegged, and my knight will pounce if you move. Tip your king.
                  Pentagenesis for Civ III
                  Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Further more Kuci's remarks are exceedingly apt. The inference you made regarding heightened security measures of the Clintonian era being especially effective are only directly correlated to areas not in a war zone as that is the extent of where criminal investiagtions most fully hold sway. We were talking investigations leading to prevention of attacks on US soil weren't we?
                    I didn't say squat about "heightened security measures of the Clintonian era"

I was pointing more to the fact that just because no major attacks have happened since Sept 11, doesn't mean that Bush is doing any better of a job, or that the illegal programs he is implementing are doing anything but taking our rights away. The supposed lack of attacks in the past 5 years proves squat-didly-piss.
                    Pentagenesis for Civ III
                    Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

• Oh, and two soldiers dying a day in Iraq:

Yeah, I can back up common knowledge. Because I pay attention. I f you payed attention, you wouldn't even have to ask.

And never mind the weekly comment, my point still stands. Even better, kenya was still 5 years later, and we are still in year five, worse, Saudi Arabia and Iraq happened in years 1,2, 3 and 4.
                      Last edited by NeOmega; August 14, 2006, 13:24.
                      Pentagenesis for Civ III
                      Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

• Eh, two embassy attacks almost 2 years ago don't sound like "at least once a month" to me...

The other quote about attacks on the Green Zone doesn't mention any embassy attack, so I don't know what your point is there...
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

OK, you asked for it.

Saudi Arabia

Baghdad

"has led to a surge in mortar and rocket attacks on the fortified Green Zone, the compound that houses the main components of the Iraqi government and the U.S. Embassy, Khalilzad was quoted as saying."

You can google the rest. Most major attacks occured in the early years of the war, but rocket attacks are still quite frequent.

Like I said, My rook has you pegged, and my knight will pounce if you move. Tip your king.
                          To wit I say thank you providing said links. I still argue that your assertions of weekly or even monthly attacks are hyperbole but admit you were correct.

Comment

Oh, and two soldiers dying a day in Iraq:

Yeah, I can back up common knowledge. Because I pay attention. I f you payed attention, you wouldn't even have to ask.
                            Strawman, Don't think I questioned this. I can do math.

Comment

• I admit weekly was exaggerating, but guess what, my original point still stands, small victory, you can move your king one more square, but you still are screwed.

check and mate.
                              Pentagenesis for Civ III
                              Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871
                                Eh, two embassy attacks almost 2 years ago don't sound like "at least once a month" to me...

The other quote about attacks on the Green Zone doesn't mention any embassy attack, so I don't know what your point is there...
                                Did you ever see the footage of the attack during the transfer of sovereignty ceremony?
                                Pentagenesis for Civ III
                                Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X