Dum-Dums that don't take Vaccinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin

That claim has been debunked a million times. It's all a load of horse pucky.
    If you're refering to the link between vaccines and autism and other neurological problems, it has certainly not been debunked. There is evidence on both sides of the argument. Thiomersal (a mercuric compound) was included in a wide number of multiple dose vaccine preperations (as well as other things) in order to maintain sterility (which is obviously not an inconsequential goal). I for one dont blame them for including Thiomersal for that reason. Once neurological problems began to emerge OTOH, a "lightbulb" should have "been lit" within the vaccine industry and they have immediately switched to only producing single does vaccine preps (that are more expensive but AFAIK they have now done for pediatric vaccines).
    Last edited by SpencerH; August 8, 2006, 09:40.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Your daughter may not have gotten chickenpox twice, there are some other viral diseases, such as "hand and mouth disease" and molluscum contagiosum which may cause similar rashes.
      That may be true, but I wouldnt dismiss the possibility(not that I'm inferring that's what you're doing ). The premise has been that after having chickenpox one then has "lifelong" immunity (until one develops Zoster for an unknown reason). For most people that seems to be a reasonable scientific hypothesis. What I have noted with my own daughters was that their first case of "chickenpox" was very mild, as were what I believe to be their subsequent bouts with the same disease. My own pet hypothesis was that it was some kind of "hole in the immune repertoire" specific to my slightly inbred genes but nowadays I wonder whether it more common than we think. Given that there is no 'medical-office-diagnostic' test for chickenpox (or most other viruses for that matter) there is not likely to be any modern epidemiological data one way or the other.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

but they've been successfully contained and marginalized so the great project to enslave mankind continues.
        Oh, you have such a beautiful mind, Dr. Strangelove.
        "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

there are some vaccines i think are necessary. The chicken pox is not one of them neither is this new one they call hep a. My sister gave her girls that chicken pox shot and both her girls got as case of it anyway. My daughter had the chicken pox twice once witha very very mild case one to mayvbe ten blisters she got a another case much worse dr told me it was infact chicken pox all over her body. She has also had hand to mouth disease and dr strangelove that resmbles rubella more then chicken pox. Now im not in anyway saying it cant resemble chicken pox but all the cases i have seen of it look more like rueobelo/rubella. im just saying that not all vaccines are effective. Even the hep B isnt in certain people. I like i said had to under go 3 boosters of it to get the very minnium antibodies and was told that ui will have to be cheked yearly to make sure i still maintain that level. it can drop at anytime since im barely imune anyway
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

To add and clarify i said i have never seen a case of hand to mouth with body rash like chicken pox they all had rosey cheeks fever and inside the mouth blisters
            EDIT
            sorry doc tiem for some crow eating on my part it wasnt rubella i was talking bout, but roseola hand to mouth looks like.
            Last edited by Mrs. Tuberski; August 8, 2006, 20:32.
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
              To add and clarify i said i have never seen a case of hand to mouth with body rash like chicken pox they all had rosey cheeks fever and inside the mouth blisters
              EDIT
              sorry doc tiem for some crow eating on my part it wasnt rubella i was talking bout, but roseola hand to mouth looks like.
              They can get the little blisters anywhere, though chickenpox blisters usually have more erythema around the base - they look angrier, more inflamed.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

You know its its funy when i started with my new agency im working for now they only thing i could provide them with was my immunity to rubella they wanted the full mmr series drawn to see if i was immune. I tried to explain if i am immune to rubella i am immune to the mumps and measels its the same shot. They didnt buy it.

Comment

Working...
                X