Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not the radiation that gets you, it's the toxic heavy metal dust that is created when the DU shells explode.
    ...which you'll also get from exploding Tungsten-covered shells, correct?

Comment

You speak as if I don't know how bad DU is.

But you see, the thing is, I do. And I revel in it. Because if your body isn't strong enough to withstand radiation exposure, you have no place in the society of supermen that will undoubtedly lead humanity to the next era.

Obviously, this concern with the lesser peoples suggests an ideological weakness on your part. You'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Or, in order to keep you useful as long as possible, you'll be working alongside your robotic betters in obtaining the superboosted radioactive fuel oil.
      B♭3

Comment

Another chemistry, but probably not healthy. Lead is also a toxic heavy metal, and especially the fumes from molten lead are dangerous, but you don't get the same sympthoms from lead ammunition as from DU ammunition. So I would guess there is a difference between Tungsten and Uranium as well. I don't know which is more toxic.
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

thank you for your reply, Ollie

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
          Another chemistry, but probably not healthy. Lead is also a toxic heavy metal, and especially the fumes from molten lead are dangerous, but you don't get the same sympthoms from lead ammunition as from DU ammunition. So I would guess there is a difference between Tungsten and Uranium as well. I don't know which is more toxic.
          The point was and is that depleted uranium is getting a lot of bad press because morons thinks it's harmfully radioactive, which leads to armies composed of good guys using alternatives which are less viable (mostly because more $$$ to shells indirectly leads to less $$$ in other areas, such as intelligence) to both the users of the shells and the civilians in war zones and better to the bad guys who are supposed to be the targets of the ammunition.

Are you following my logic? Do you agree with me?

Comment

Yup, DU must be very dangerous, I mean, it's both uranium and it's the yanks that use it. Sadly, WHO seems to disagree.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Re: thank you for your reply, Ollie

Originally posted by VJ

The point was and is that depleted uranium is getting a lot of bad press because morons thinks it's harmfully radioactive, which leads to armies composed of good guys using alternatives which are less viable (mostly because more $$$ to shells indirectly leads to less $$$ in other areas, such as intelligence) to both the users of the shells and the civilians in war zones and better to the bad guys who are supposed to be the targets of the ammunition.

@ VJ throwing a hissy fit over morons
              like Chemical Ollie

armies composed of good guys
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

[quavering lower lip] But, but, but... it's URANIUM guys! It's gotta be bad![/qll]

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Re: thank you for your reply, Ollie

Originally posted by VJ

There are no armies composed of good guys present in the Middle East, except for a few UN observers, but they don't use DU.

But I agree that morons who don't know chemistry make lots of wrong assumptions. You're one of them.
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

In on topic news:

How come that Hezbollah is able to launch more rockets everyday?
                    200 today...
                    WTF is the Israeli army doing?
                    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• the topic I was discussing was DU shells, not Middle East

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                      But I agree that morons who don't know chemistry make lots of wrong assumptions. You're one of them.
                      Well, I didn't make a single wrong "assumption" in any of my posts since I didn't actually "assume" anything as you very well know yourself, but you decided to start hating me for some reason you're not currently elaborating. Well, fuck you too, drunkard asshole, I have no time for personal bull****. Ignore

Thanks for reminding me why I'm trying to escape this sinking ****hole you proudly refer to as "Europe", guys. This half-continent has no future. Masochistic news hysteria and petty personal vendettas...

Comment

• VJ,

DU is carcinogenic as hell...

and somehow (as in "the process is not fully understood yet") it seems to preferentially interfere with the DNA replication process during pregnancy. heavy metals such as lead and vanadium "just" substitute the iron in your hemoglobine leading to blood poisonning.

thus, using DU ****s up the next generation. but since the fysiological process is not fully understood, undoubtadly rightgeous people as yourself continue to defend the use of these weapons (but not in their neighbourhood)

you're a great man
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
                          In on topic news:

How come that Hezbollah is able to launch more rockets everyday?
                          200 today...
                          WTF is the Israeli army doing?
                          Because they started out with over 10,000.

Hopefully they'll run out or get shut down in a few weeks. Then at least Israel can return to normal.

Comment

• Eisa puhua mulkku sussa

Comment

• Keep it to the suomithreads

Comment

• Sighh... I think a few people need to CHILL!

Enough with the personal crap. Discuss the topic, not the posters!
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X