This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lodi
    And the facts that nasty things will aerosalize in the air. Combine this with the fact that the air circulates around the Earth, this might be a problem. Check what happens from the US military's use of DU, depleted uranium.
    Accelerating mutational rate helps the rate of evolution. If your body is too weak to fight off the ionizing effects of radiation, you're an evolutionary dead end, unworthy of contributing to a grand superhuman race.
    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
      Radioactive oil, super boosted fuel
      QFT.
      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Az
        It would've been more appropriate, had it been funny.

unfunny dark humour
        Well, humor depends on one's perspective. All the same, on further reflection I think I should have just left that particular joke unsaid. Not that I believe anything should be beyond the scope of jokes, but that there are more tasteful places and times to make them. Sorry about that.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

Don't be ridiculous. That's what the massive robot worker armies from Korea and Japan are for.
          Until the Cylons revolt.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Then we can just use Africans.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

A silly question

Has there been archeological expeditions in Iraq since gulf war 1 ?
              I need a foot massage

Comment

A lot of shell-induced excavations.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I know there has been much destruction of historical sites since the 2003 invasion by American forces as slowwhand said.
                  "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
                    A silly question

Has there been archeological expeditions in Iraq since gulf war 1 ?
                    practically none.

The good thing about it is that most Mesopatamia researchers switched to the outer regions of the ancient empires (upstream the Euphrates and Tigris, meaning present day Syria and Turkey)and so the knowledge of the outskirts have been greatly improved.

The bad thing is that especially after the 2nd war extensive looting of sites inside Iraq has taken place.
                    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Check what happens from the US military's use of DU, depleted uranium.
                      I know there has been much destruction of historical sites since the 2003 invasion by American forces as slowwhand said.
                      I wouldn't be so sure about that -- you don't seem to know much.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                        Ha! Che got caught in a lie!
                        I pretty much automatically assume now that whatever che says is either false or so massively spun that it's meaningless, given how often it's true.

Comment

OK DU info. Effects on regions where it is used or was used like Serbia, Afghanistan, or Iraq:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/95178_du12.shtml

A site with a ton of links on DU:

http://www.criticalconcern.com/depleted_uranium.htm

One article on the damage to history:
                          http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2004/08/293977.shtml

A site with a good deal of info of threatened history:
                          http://users.ox.ac.uk/~wolf0126/
                          "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I pretty much automatically assume now that whatever che says is either false or so massively spun that it's meaningless, given how often it's true.
                            "Massively spun" is right. I still remember when he seriously claimed that Soviet Union was the first nation with free elections where where women could vote and get elected, not Finland (we elected our unicameral parliament which had legislative power back in 1906, before our independence. [Czar gave us special rights to govern ourselves because of a general strike in 1905 and because it looked like there'd be a revolution after he lost the Russo-Japanese war]).
                            Last edited by RGBVideo; August 4, 2006, 14:48.

Comment

OK DU info. Effects on regions where it is used or was used like Serbia, Afghanistan, or Iraq:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/95178_du12.shtml

A site with a ton of links on DU:

http://www.criticalconcern.com/depleted_uranium.htm

One article on the damage to history:
                              http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2004/08/293977.shtml

A site with a good deal of info of threatened history:
                              http://users.ox.ac.uk/~wolf0126/
                              Fun with facts:
                              Did you know that when it was checked how much radiation had a Swedish group of peacekeepers, who operated in the middle of DU shells daily, absorbed during their tour of duty it turned out they had lived more safely in Serbia radiation-wise than back home in Sweden because of Swedish terrain which radiated more than DU and Serbian terrain combined? Depleted Uranium is called depleted for a reason, it emits ridiculously little dangerous radiation. It wouldn't be dangerous to you even if you'd have to eat it.

Morons like you who have no knowledge of high school level physics and get hysterical when the word "uranium" is mentioned are the reason why US armed forces (or was it UN? whatever) had to move from DU back to much more expensive Tungsten.
                              Last edited by RGBVideo; August 4, 2006, 14:43.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

Fun with facts:
                                Did you know that when it was checked how much radiation had a Swedish group of peacekeepers, who operated in the middle of DU shells daily, absorbed during their tour of duty it turned out they had lived more safely in Serbia radiation-wise than back home in Sweden because of Swedish terrain which radiated more than DU and Serbian terrain combined? Depleted Uranium is called depleted for a reason, it emits ridiculously little dangerous radiation. It wouldn't be dangerous to you even if you'd have to eat it.

Morons like you who have no knowledge of high school level physics and get hysterical when the word "uranium" is mentioned are the reason why US armed forces (or was it UN? whatever) had to move from DU back to much more expensive Tungsten.
                                It's not the radiation that gets you, it's the toxic heavy metal dust that is created when the DU shells explode.
                                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                                X