Fidel Castro may die soon, for real!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun

Hum, heavy anesthezia might explain W's performance to date...
    How does that affect what I said???
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Re: Fidel Castro may die soon, for real!!

Don't tease me like this, Pride!
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

see our assasination plot worked! old age and poor health is a very covert and scary means of assasination
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          Castro will out live each and every one of us.
          He outlived your namesake already.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
            see our assasination plot worked! old age and poor health is a very covert and scary means of assasination
            I've always been the patient one.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Brilliant move to cede power to his brother, who is only 75 now.
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                Brilliant move to cede power to his brother, who is only 75 now.
                Indeed. It looks like the regime never tried to ensure its long-term survival.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

What they could do with is a gradual transition to capitalism, working Cuba's strong advantages to the max.

That isn't what they'll get. They'll end up as the Moldova of the Caribbean.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                    What they could do with is a gradual transition to capitalism, working Cuba's strong advantages to the max.

Tourism and medicine? For that to really work, Cuba needs to get the US to drop the embargo crap.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

If you get caught afoot, not able to pedal away, he may outlive you. I plan on living forever.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Regardles of the result of this operation, I understand that Cuban medecine is supposed to be top-notch-- Surgery on an elderly patient always has elevated risks.

Apparently this Raul is in his 70s as well and is seen as a potential caretaker-successor before power would devolve down to the next generation. assuming that the communists fall on the death of Fidel is plausible but it is not necessarily what will happen
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

does he have weapons of mass destruction
                          and may become delusional while sick?
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

does he have weapons of mass destruction
                            and may become delusional while sick?
                            Well sheet, that's why he gave the Power to his bro. Duh.
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Che is right. Castro will live to be well over one hundred years of age. Also, he will not be afraid to tell off future President Jenna Bush and Vice President Other-twin Bush.
                              "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

The hipocrisy of Americans is outrageous. Everyone is making a huge deal about it and getting excited the Cubans will be free. Yet there are so many more regimes in our world worse than Castro's, and no one cares. And the whole in 'our own backyard' argument doesn't work either. Do you think people in America were celebrating when Batista was thrown out of power? He was another despicable, brutal, authoritarian dictator. But he was pro-western and capitalist, and it was okay. Now the next dictator in the same country is satan reincarnated. Did people in America celebrate when the regimes of Nicaragua, Guatemala, or El Salvador were overthrown? Of course not. They were the same capitalist, US supported regimes that no one cares about. At least Castro gave the Cubans great medicine and education, and kept it from being subject to American economic dominance.
                                "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Working...
                                X