• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[insert obligatory freedom fries cliche here]
    Unbelievable!

Comment

In related news:

Muslims in Malaysia are going to have to learn to live with their wrinkles, after the country's top Islamic body ruled against Botox injections.

The council decided that the serum contained prohibited substances, including those derived from pigs.

At the last meeting of the National Fatwa Council, Malaysia's top Muslim clerics decided to ban black metal music - a kind of heavy metal.

They also ruled that it was alright for Muslims to eat cheese.

But they could not make up their minds about Botox.

Now they have come down against it, amidst fears that it contains pig products.

Amongst Muslim Malays, eating pork or coming into contact with pigs is a greater taboo than drinking or adultery.

The ruling is expected to find its way into Malaysia's Islamic laws.

However, there is little the authorities can do to stop the country's Botox set travelling abroad to get their wrinkles ironed out.
      Note to self: don't move to Malaysia
      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

So it appears that even the previously tolerant Indonesia and Malaysia are falling to the might of the mullahs . . . . . . .

Very good . The faster they fall into the clutches of militant Islam , and the fewer the refuges left for moderate Muslims , the faster reform can come .

Comment

PRAISE ALLAH
          I need a foot massage

Comment

:vomit:
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I have two foreign words for the Iranian leader.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I am still a little confused about who really rules Iran though.
                "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
                  Note to self: don't move to Malaysia
                  QFT...You can't get a pepperoni pizza there.

Comment

"atomic bomb" will be "the thing we don't have and aren't working on that goes BOOM!

Comment

Re: Re: Iranian leader bans usage of foreign words

Originally posted by Winston
                      The French have been doing this for years..
                      Yep. Course that may explain why Iran and France like each other so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                        Keeping language clean.

And he can order his government whatever he wants. He's boss, and an elected one at that.

By the way, do they still sell Freedom fries in the White house cafeteria?
                        1. It was the congressional cafeteria, not the white house, its been dropped, and it was NEVER applied throughout the govt.

2. He was elected in an election in which the mullahs carefully vetted who could run, and in circumstances where the govt keeps tight control over the media.

3. This kind of xenophobia, while laughable when the French do it, is of greater concern in the context of Ahmadinajads other words and actions.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Hello there! I see you are discussing Freedom Fries. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

In 1983, Marines stormed Grenada in response to the Tet Offensive, as Sir Ralph constantly reminds us. This resulted in Eisenhower Administration officials fixing several West Europe elections, including, sadly, Chirac in 1988, which led to Bush v Gore and Oliver North's rise as a prominent journalist. Asher asked me to share this image with you:

RoboCon v2.1.1

Comment

le Weekend

Comment

Anyway, where's Spiff when we need him?

Comment

seeing as most ppl here post when they are at work I won't expect Spiff, or any Frenchie for that matter, to be posting anytime soon... as they never seem to work
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X