Measurements of Distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smiley
    Yes, it's hard to compare between cars, however, most people drive the same car from day to day.
    IOW, the only place where you could practically use that measurement of distance would be your diary

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
      just thought of another interesting point.

when driving, people always think about the time it takes, and never the amount of gas it takes... as someone who takes the train to get places, the cost is always right in front of you and a factor...
      how much do you suppose gas would cost before people think, this place is X gallons / X dollars away?
      My car gets fourty rods to the hogshead and that's the way I like it!
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

fathoms per fortnight
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
          fathoms per fortnight
          That would be speed, not distance
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I generally use units of time as measurements of distance. It's about 10 - 15 minutes away by car.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
            X