Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little gem I found over at Amazon . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that Zkribbler has answered the questions, can we then please return to the more important question about spacings ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Re: A little gem I found over at Amazon . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

[QUOTE] Originally posted by aneeshm

This thread exists to discuss four questions : Why does this attitude exist ?

Cause cultural change is traumatic. Plus alot of other stuff

what leads to its formation ?

See above.

How does it gain currency ?

There are websites that spread it around, among other ways.

And what will its ultimate result and expression be ( other than terrorism ) ?

Since the defeat of the terrorist forces will require addressing this phenomenon, Im not sure its worth discussing its impact if and when terrorism based on it is defeated.

Personally I would suggest worrying less, Aneeshm. Indias taken some bad hits lately. All the countries fighting terrrorism need to stand united. But its still ok to enjoy life.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I've come to the realisation that , even though we all pretend to care for our fellow man , everyone is royally unconcerned with how this orthodox religious literalism actually affects the common man/Muslim of the Middle East and Indonesia . We aren't really bothered about them as long as they don't bother us , are we ? The Muslim world really came into our ( meaning the West's , not India's ) field of vision when 9/11 happened , not before . And once terrorism is dealt with , we will again stop caring about how these currents of fanaticism changed and shaped the Muslim world .

This is not necessarily bad , but it does cause problems . How do we ever understand another culture if we are simply unconcerned ?

Comment

BoingBoing found this little gem over at Amazon.

60% of viewers of that page end up buying this product:

Regarding the first link, I have four questions : Why does this book exist ? What leads to its formation ? How does it gain currency ? And what will its ultimate result and expression be ?
          B♭3

Comment

The best is the reader review for the first link...
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Will someone please actually answer the most pertinent question of the lot - how such Pokey books will impact the Christian world internally ? That is far more important than all the other questions , actually .
              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                BoingBoing found this little gem over at Amazon.

60% of viewers of that page end up buying this product:

Regarding the first link, I have four questions : Why does this book exist ? What leads to its formation ? How does it gain currency ? And what will its ultimate result and expression be ?

I nominate this post for "Funniest threadjack" .

Comment

I hope you're sure about that . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Ecthy, I saw that . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Originally posted by aneeshm
                    I've come to the realisation that , even though we all pretend to care for our fellow man , everyone is royally unconcerned with how this orthodox religious literalism actually affects the common man/Muslim of the Middle East and Indonesia . We aren't really bothered about them as long as they don't bother us , are we ? The Muslim world really came into our ( meaning the West's , not India's ) field of vision when 9/11 happened , not before . And once terrorism is dealt with , we will again stop caring about how these currents of fanaticism changed and shaped the Muslim world .

This is not necessarily bad , but it does cause problems . How do we ever understand another culture if we are simply unconcerned ?
                    If we were simply unconcerned there would never be a problem would there? It's when people get concerned enough to run planes into buildings that there's trouble.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

you people have no respect for poor aneeshm
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                      X