No announcement yet.

Ha! Wal-Mart retreats from Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, part of the reason why Wal-Mart failed in Germany was the fact that Wal-Mart insisted on having baggers.

Germans didn't much care for that--and I can't blame them. Baggers are, on the whole, dirty, dimwitted people who don't know enough to not put meat underneath canned goods, or not to put noxious chemicals like Drano in a different bag than bread.
    B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist

Waiting? While I'm bagging my stuff, you take the next customer (or two, if I've got alotta stuff).
      don't you people have teenagers? What the hell are they good for if they aren't bagging groceries and working odd jobs?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Plus most supermarkets are union shops but the baggers aren't yet union members. If you want to get a cushy union position then you have to start at the bottom bagging people's crap and collecting shopping carts from the parking lot.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Union shops

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell
            No. I challenge you to find a Wal Mart Supercenter that is dirtier than any standard grocery store.
            Any one of them . Compared to Publix or the best Krogers, Walmart can't stand a chance.

Even in "real" grocery stores baggers have nearly disappeared. There's no need for them, so take your inefficient anti-profit Communist garbage to some other thread.
            Maybe in the ghetto grocery stores they've dissapeared, but not ones that actually care about their customers and don't treat them as just walking dollar bills .

And Hell, in most Publix and Krogers were I am, if you ask (like if you are on crutches), they'll take your bags to your car for you.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

don't you people have teenagers? What the hell are they good for if they aren't bagging groceries and working odd jobs?
              Call-centers, vacation-resorts, festivities... anything that's actually useful (like serving free champagne).
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• While I'm a fan of walmart, they dont compare as far as their atmosphere to a Target or Dillards. Although that depends a lot on each individual store. The one I worked at was always packed and merchandise had to be replentished during the day so there were many times where it was just jammed up. About a year before I left a new one opened up on the other side of town and it was built slightly different and it seemed much more pleasant. One thing about walmart I think is the noise level. It just seems louder. Even with all managment with walkies and most department heads there was an a lot of intercom traffic. I've noticed that they have cut down on that a lot these days but it still seems louder than other stores.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

Having children out of wedlock ?

Listening to Marilyn Manson ?
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                  X