Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackCat
    Yup, a poor democrat would never had handed it in but kept it for himself
    No, that's what any rational Capitalist would do. The Democrat would simply tell himself it wasn't there so he wouldn't have to deal with the problem.

Comment

A figment of their imagination.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Actually a democrat would take it and tell everyone they never saw it... Hilary?
        Monkey!!!

Comment

According to market theory, there could be no saving bonds in the trash bin because if there hand been, someone would have already picked them up before the homeless guy found them.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
            Actually a democrat would take it and tell everyone they never saw it...
            Same thing... a really good Democrat will even convince himself he never done it. "I did not have relations with that wallet!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
              According to market theory, there could be no saving bonds in the trash bin because if there hand been, someone would have already picked them up before the homeless guy found them.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

are these gifts tax free?
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

this is sort of a ridiculous thread title because the honesty technically did not give the best reward, at least not yet. the $21,000 > $4,000.

perhaps that is what this meant:
                  Honesty isn't the best reward, it's just been lucrative. The money is the best reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                    this is sort of a ridiculous thread title because the honesty technically did not give the best reward, at least not yet. the $21,000 > $4,000.

perhaps that is what this meant:
                    ok colbert
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Yeah, that's what I call a lousy return on investment
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                        Sure, he didn't have to give anything, but he was incredibly cheap in my opinion.
                        We have something called "Finderlohn" (yeah, finder reward) which means the finder can get a certain percentage of the value of the stuff he found and returned. It's between 3 and 5 percent IIRC....

Giving just 100 USD to someone who returned stuff worth over 20000 is really cheap.
                        Blah

Comment

*homeless man hands over bonds*

"My goodness! Now, if such honesty isn't worth a handsome reward, I'd like to know what is."

"Thank you, sir."

"But you see, the trouble is, you gave me the bonds before I'd given you the reward, and that's bad business."

"It is?"

"Yep. Here's a hundred bucks, now get the Hell out of here."

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro

We have something called "Finderlohn" (yeah, finder reward) which means the finder can get a certain percentage of the value of the stuff he found and returned. It's between 3 and 5 percent IIRC....

Giving just 100 USD to someone who returned stuff worth over 20000 is really cheap.
                            Legislating finder's rewards.
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Rule of law
                              Blah

Comment

I think "fair" would have been an even split.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X