What do you know about Sunni & Shia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you know about Sunni & Shia

I know they split after the demise of the comedy hour...

No, which arab nations are which sect? Can the division be used to weaken our enemies? What about Turkey, Pakistan, which sect?

Which has the most believers? Who supports the terrorists?

What are the differences in belief?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Sunnis are more numerous.

Wasn't the split over who would be the successor to Muhammad. Sunnis consider Shia to be heretics IIRC.

Iran has the largest number of Shia

The Arab countries are mostly Sunni.

Turkey-Sunni?
    Pakastan-Sunni as well I believe

Just off the top of my head I could be mistaken on some of the points.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

They seems to dont be monolithic sects; even Shia Iraqian and Shia from Iran are in conflict about where they are supposed to do the pilgrimage.

I know a lot more now:

Iran and Iraq: The Shia Connection, Soft Power, and the Nuclear Factor(mainly about Shia)

Who are the Shia?
      An initial caveat: Shia Islam is a very complex religion and society. One could hardly do justice its the depth and breadth in a short article. This is an attempt to get some of the salient points across. Why should we care about the Iraqi Shia? The Shia constitute about 60 percent of the population of Iraq, mostly in the south upwards to Baghdad. They are hankering for the political and economic power their numbers should have had in the past, but never have.

What's the Difference Between Shia and Sunni Muslims?
      bleh

Comment

Unbelievable!

Comment

IMO asking questions is much better than to google or to wiki everything and then pretend to be the new Einstein.....
          Blah

Comment

If everyone gooled then the OT would have to shut down and oh what a loss that would be.

So if we could set the Sunni against the Shia then we could turn the Arabs against the Iranians.

Comment

Hello there! I see you are discussing Shia-Sunni Conflict. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

From the beginning, word was the law school at Yale for George Bush. The only stipulation was to curb the amount of liberal thinking? I'll never forget when I logged into racial thuggery, the result was a violation of Dr. Strangelove's toilet bowl. Try to understand, the first thing that Tony Snow is hearing is a message from the group. Did the president describe stem-cell research as "murder" on Meet the Press? We understand your logic, but Rumsfeld isn't eligible to be the fall-guy here, like a giant squid.
              RoboCon v2.1.1

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Sunni and Shia are already fighting each other in many neighborhoods, and to the best of my knowledge, nothing even remotely good has come out of it so far. But of course, if we want even more war and misery than we already have, go right ahead and fan the flames...

Oh, and by the way, the Arabs are already not liking the Iranian regime too much.
                  "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                  -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Did you make it the rest of the way up the mountain by any chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian
                      Sunni and Shia are already fighting each other in many neighborhoods, and to the best of my knowledge, nothing even remotely good has come out of it so far. But of course, if we want even more war and misery than we already have, go right ahead and fan the flames...

Oh, and by the way, the Arabs are already not liking the Iranian regime too much.
                      Since I don't particularly like the Iranian regime either, I'm glad we have something in common with the arabs.

Comment

Mountain?
                        "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                        -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

That post was responding to RoboCon.

Comment

Oki.
                            I kind of thought it might be.
                            -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X