Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many nationalities in your home place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many nationalities in your home place?

It's ok to guesstimate. Please mention where you live.

Antwerp had 164 in 2004.

[edit] bugger me, I slightly screwed up the poll-options: please read "5-10" as "6-10", "10-20" as "11-20" etc
    2.78%
    2 - 5
    8.33%
    5 - 10
    5.56%
    10 - 20
    0.00%
    20 - 50
    5.56%
    50 - 100
    5.56%
    100 - 200
    22.22%
    200+ (aka the New York option)
    47.22%
    we only count banana varieties
    2.78%
    Last edited by Colonâ„¢; July 23, 2006, 23:13.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

100 - 200 2 100.00%

16 Asian alone. All I could find quickly.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I picked the NY option, for obvious reasons.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Bay Area (Northern California) has got to be up there also... there are more nationalities than residents in the building I live.
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Where's the Chicago option
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Dunno exactly.

We have two 'official' nationalities, Pakeha and Maori.

Throw in there a good good helping of various asian nationalities, another good helping of indian nationalities, a dash of middle eastern, as well as a number of Aussies.

Comment

Not sure exactly. A lot though.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

According to google, most sites say 'more than 150'.
                I found one saying 159 (but fails to give any source).
                Another one said 'around 170' and gives a reference (http://statbel.fgov.be/pub/d2/p202y2004_fr.pdf or http://statbel.fgov.be/pub/d2/p202y2004_nl.pdf; no english version).
                But I didn't find this 'around 170' in this document.

So, for Brussels it's 101-200.
                The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  Not sure exactly. A lot though.
                  well, for starters, I saw a bunch of Klingons in your town yesterday...
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

And today.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oh, and just for info: I googled again and Wiki says they are 243 entities that are considered countries, but only 202 are considered sovereign states.
                      So, for those who said 201+ (NY options) could they specify which is their missing nationality

The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                        Bay Area (Northern California) has got to be up there also... there are more nationalities than residents in the building I live.
                        QFT
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

70 by state of origin, could easily be twice as much by minority status.

Comment

Nationality does not equate with which state you live in. "Nation-State" is not a meaningless doubleword, it implies a state that consists (primarily) of a single nationality; it is a very new concept, maybe 200 years old. Prior to that, you belonged to the 'state' of whomever was your 'king' or 'prince' or whatever, and the king was the state; nowadays, there is the implicit assumption that people of one nationality should (generally) belong to a single state. That assumption is a modern one

Yugoslavia, for example, had what, 8 nationalities primarily contained within its borders? Where is the state that the Kurdish nation resides in? What about the Cherokee Nation? These are both nationalities, but not states.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

A lot.
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                              X