Poly Sports Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cort Haus
    I guess that on one hand there may not be enough posters to justify a sports forum, but sometimes there can be enough subjects to justify one.
    There are more than enough posters interested in sports, and more than enough threads/traffic to justify one.

However, the owners stance is that this is a (Civ) gaming site, and sports is just another off-topic discussion.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

owners
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hehe - we could even have a thread exclusively debating whether the Australians own the word 'football'.
        Clearly they stole it from someone Dang on nation of criminals and such
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I'd enjoy a sports sub forum...

Not like my vote counts, of course!

If Ming can't get it done, then I would bet this is a dead issue.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
            If Ming can't get it done, then I would bet this is a dead issue.
            Sigh... Lord knows I've tried. But I will keep trying since I think there is a good reason to do so. I think they fear that if they do, they will eventually have to create a History Forum, A Music Forum, a Politics Forum...

Oh well... you can always follow the link in my signature
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

What, the "Contact Ming" one?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No, the one to the site full of raving loons.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

he doesn't have a CG link in his sig!

(but I do)
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

-Arrian
                    What, the "Contact Ming" link?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I clicked the "contact Ming" link and my computer crashed
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

i'm too lazy to look in another forum for the sports threads.
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

-Arrian
                          Yeah... that one
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Hehe - we could even have a thread exclusively debating whether the Australians own the word 'football'.
                            Oh, now you're just being silly.

Any fool knows that real football is the exclusive priviledge of the Emerald City.

Nasty little munchkins from south of the border might filch our programming schedules with their bouncy-bouncy game. Mullet-headed barbarians may rampage upon our northern flank. But we shall conquer! We shall be victorious throughout the ages.

For we alone guard the true spirit and heritage of Football!!!

N.S.W!! N.S.W!! N.S.W!!
                            I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

... the thousands of football posts this summer have mostly been on the world cup.
                              True.

We could maybe have one thread for each pool. But I don't think that'd suit most people. As you say... "difficult with multiple conversations spanning multiple threads."

For the record, my own situation is not typical of most posters, because:
                              a) I have very limited time on teh webs, and cafes are really expensive here.
                              b) I'm an anally-retentive Virgo who can't stand dropping into a conversation half-way without knowing the whole history of the thing since Day One.

Lawrence will get more people reading his posts

There are people here who don't have Lawrie on Ignore?!!

For me personally, I'd like to see a dedicated thread for major tournaments rather than making it part of an long, ongoing discussion. But it's no biggie.

As long as I get a chance to try out my 'human interest' thread next time, I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                                Sigh... Lord knows I've tried.
                                Ming. I get the impression that you keep a rough policy of restricting soccer discussion to the one main thread.

Is that the general rule around here, or do you just take it as it comes?

Oh,.. and Ming is a @$#%%$!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X