No announcement yet.

Regarding Foreign Affairs, I Believe I'm Due an Apology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually when we talk about sectarian wars we are discussing different religious sects. Otherwise just about every revolution is 'sectarian' (all of them are ideological battles at some level).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I had my 3. So ppffffbbbbttt.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
        i wish some of the states rights ideals had stuck though...
        You mean the right to own other people?

Because that's what the war was over.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

I had my 3. So ppffffbbbbttt.
          Do that again and I'll have Imran serve you with Cease and Desist papers.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Re: Regarding Foreign Affairs, I Believe I'm Due an Apology

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Ireland vs. Northern Ireland
              The Irish civil war was between nationalists who accepted the treaty with Britain and nationalists who rejected the treaty with Britain. It was not Ireland vs. Northern Ireland.
              LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Speaking of Saddam, last I heard, he was on a hunger strike to protest that his defense lawyers weren't receiving enough protection
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

You mean the right to own other people?

Because that's what the war was over.
                  possibly. or the right to be owned like i just was.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Fellow Polytoners! I believe we've been had! "Apology" in Texan may indeed mean "Kick in the Ass"... therefore the title reads, in Texan:

"Regardin' Furrin Affares, I beleave I desserve a kick in the ass".
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

or a shot in the glass
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                      X