Is There A Geordie In The House?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There A Geordie In The House?

I need a Geordie to check on a Geordie buddy of mine.
    Last I heard from him, he was some ill and it's definitely not like him to go on holiday without saying something to me.
    I've no phone number, but can provide an address.

If you don't know what a Geordie is, you can't help, but thanks anyway.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Have you tried this?: http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publi...mbers.publisha

There is also this: http://www.ukphonebook.com/

Good luck.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

ukphonebook, I have. Thanks. I'll try the other.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I know what a Geordie is because I've had friends from England explain to me the concept and typology of English regional accents/types.

What are all the others again? Scousers for Liverpool, Cockney for London, and how did they call that Birmingham accent thing? Broom?

Comment

Brummy, I think.
          LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

OK then, I've heard it pronounced like Broomy, but that must be more accentual confusion. Ils sont fous, les anglais.

Comment

A Geordie is from the mining community of the eastern coast. To be specific, he's in Backworth, near Newcastle Upon Tyne; and I'm going to kick his ass for worrying me.

I don't know if he even has a phone. He's in a rural type setting. I need someone to go to his house, knock on the door, and say, "Hey, I'm so-and-so, and Sloww says he's going to thump your ass."

This will serve to verify that you do know me.

I'll tell you the address, and it will be no prob finding it, if someone is in that area.

Comment

Is Duke O'York in the area? He is a Magpie supporter in the UK...
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'll be on the look out for him. There has to be someone from the area here. Metal Demon, as he goes by, is by the end of...oh damn, another of "those" moments. It's by the wall, starts with an "H", that was built centuries ago to thwart invasion. He's not too far from the North Sea.

Comment

Hadrian's Wall?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Bingo. Thanks.

Comment

Are you sure you were always nice to him, or were you being your own self?

Comment

Playful and I run a chat room at Winmx. He's an admin. Someone comes in, I say Hi. Say the person doesn't say anything, Demon will yell, DID YOU HEAR THE MAN!. Boot them out. He's super protective of Playful and me.
                          We correspond there, in snail mail, messenger and email. All of a sudden, Poof. Known him a few years.

Comment

Maybe he won the lottery.

Comment

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X