Here You Go, Democrats. "Hillary has more than $22M in war chest"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ecthy
    I love that self-titling of the two camps in the US, pro-choice and pro-life. Do pro-lifers call pro-choicers anti-lifers?
    Yes. Yes they do. Normally the "pro-life" people are also he biggest supporters of the death penality especially if it is a minority who is being executed though their hearts soften a bit for white women who commit murder.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

A huge majority of Americans consider abortion in itself as evil.
      You couldn't be more wrong. Most Americans support a woman's right to have an abortion (thus it is legal) but a very vocal minority insist it is evil (not just wrong) and insist on making it the center focus of every campaign.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Like nuclear power in Germany.

Comment

Sorry, Ecthy, but that's a false analogy. Nuclear power is potentially useful.

And America can't be neatly divided into absolute pro-life and absolute pro-choice, but every poll I've run across indicated that the majority did not want things exactly as they are; i.e., most of us want to restrict it at least to early trimesters, or to rape/incest/deformity, or something like that. People who like the anything-goes situation post-Roe are pretty rare overall.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Abortion is quite useful for many of those who practice it.

Comment

I meant useful to society. And I'm not sure that it's all that useful for those who practice it either. The social problems which cause unwanted pregnancies still exist; if anything, abortion makes those problems easier to ignore.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                Keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy,

Actually, it makes it hard for me to sleep at night.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                X