No announcement yet.

Sudden jump in gas price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They use mostly aluminium, except for chains and sprockets.

I've been thinking of getting one of those tiny Honda motorbikes for around town. I worry though that there are so many half blind elderly around the area that I'd be roadkill in days.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
      On the flip side, the price of bicycles has remained low.
      I live in the suburbs

Comment

Glad I don't drive, but the price rise will hit us all eventually.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.â€
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
          I live in the suburbs
          Maybe it's time to move before everyone else tries to do the same.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I paid $3.29/gallon to fill up my tank today

Comment

Americans complaining about pricey gasoline is always hilarious
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

$2.79-2.89 here now.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                  Americans complaining about pricey gasoline is always hilarious
                  I wouldn't complain either if I were living in a tiny country. My daily drive to work is 45 miles one way.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                    I wouldn't complain either if I were living in a tiny country. My daily drive to work is 45 miles one way.
                    Finland is roughly the size of Arizona, and is very scarcely populated. A 45 mile one-way commute (in real-world units that's around 70 km?) or longer is far from uncommon. Deal.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                      (in real-world units that's around 70 km?)

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                        As long steel prices don't jump.
                        The have been jumping for some time: http://www.dot.state.oh.us/construct..._for_PN525.htm

April 2001: $83.75/ton
                        July 2006: $263.75/ton
                        http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Is that China's fault?
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                            My daily drive to work is 45 miles one way.
                            It takes me 14 minutes to ride my bike to work. 7 minutes if I drive......

D

Comment

Originally posted by Thue

The have been jumping for some time: http://www.dot.state.oh.us/construct..._for_PN525.htm

April 2001: $83.75/ton
                              July 2006: $263.75/ton
                              Damn China! We might as well bring the steel industry back here.

Infact, that's a bigger difference (percent wise) then the gas price change I think.

What was gas back then, 90 cents to a dollar a gallon right?

Comment

Crude oil is at record prices, getting close to $80 a barrel.

It is not only fears of a regional war, but the dispute with Iran over its nuclear program as well, and instability in Nigeria.
                                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X