Coors Chairman and Pitchman Arrested for DUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    The Coors family is trying to destroy the Protestant Episcopal Church.
    They're doing a good enough job on themselves.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I always thought it was funny that a family whose business was selling very bad beer was trying to weasel in with the religious right since the religious right were the folks who pushed prohabition. In fact many religious folks continue to equate alcohol with satan.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I don't listen to them. The Moral Majority once called me a devil worshipper in the early 80's. The letter they sent explaining their position was fun to read. Wish I still had it.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

They wrote a personal letter to you? Why?
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I wanna hear that.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

Did you get out of it when you went to court?
              No i got a year probation 36 hours of community service and a thousand dollar fine.
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

You were convicted without your blood being sampled for its level of alcohol?

That's the only way in which to be convicted (or issued a fine) here for DUI. There has to be a blood sample showing an illegal amount of alcohol in your system. (Value is corrected for time elapsed inbetween the arrest and the sample taking).

Didn't you point out that the beer can showed no signs of having been emptied recently? I'm thinking it must've been dry as a sandbox if it were left over from long before?

Comment

Some states have "open container" laws, i.e., the presence of an open beer can, wine bottle, etc. is illegal.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

You got it dr strangelove i was arrested for oen container/dwi apparently in this little town i was in they are considered the same thing. The can had been in that car for at least 4 months. My BAL was well below the legal limit. yet i was hauled off to jail left there for over 24 hours and paid 200 dllars on a 2000 dollar bond to get out. went to court two months later and was convicted, and assesed with the penalties i already said above. This offense was not a felony, but a class B misdemeanor which means it will follow me everywhere i go, and have to report it on all future job applications
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                      They wrote a personal letter to you? Why?
                      I used to do alot of work in the role playing game field. I asked them to elaborate on their position against RPGs and those who make and play them. I was surprised I got a response but the response wasn't surprising.

Comment

Working...
                      X