• Show
Clear All

• Coors Chairman and Pitchman Arrested for DUI

More irony...

Coors Chairman and Pitchman Arrested for DUI
    Peter Coors: 'I Made a Mistake"
    By Jeremy Mullman

Published: July 13, 2006

CHICAGO (AdAge.com) -- Coors Brewing Co. Chairman -- and beer pitchman -- Pete Coors was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, The Denver Post reported this afternoon.
    Peter Coors, chairman of Coors Brewing and a former candidate for the U.S. Senate, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.

Mr. Coors, 59, was cited for having a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit and also for rolling through a stop sign May 28. Citing court records, the Post said a Colorado state trooper pulled Mr. Coors over at 11:25 p.m. in Golden. He was driving a green 2004 Jaguar.

Court date set for next week
    The former Republican candidate for a U.S. Senate seat has frequently appeared in Coors ads urging responsible drinking. In a statement he said: "I made a mistake by driving myself home after a friend's wedding celebration. I should have planned ahead for a ride." He added, "For years I've advocated the responsible use of our company's products. That's still my message, and our company's message, and it's the right message. I am sorry that I didn't follow it myself."

Mr. Coors' court date is set for next Thursday.

On its website, Coors says it supports "more severe consequences" for drunk drivers. "The processing of drunk drivers should be streamlined and drunk driving must result in an immediate consequence, such as implementing an 'administrative license revocation,'" the "Doing Our Part" section of Coors' site reads. "Penalties for drunk driving should be escalated for higher BAC levels and for repeat offenders."
    Gee... I guess he won't mind if they throw the book at him
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

For years I've advocated the responsible use of our company's products. That's still my message, and our company's message, and it's the right message.

Maybe he didn't use his company's products irresponsibly. He could have been drinking a decent brand of beer at the reception.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
      Maybe he didn't use his company's products irresponsibly. He could have been drinking a decent brand of beer at the reception.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Pete Coors urging drinking responsibly is like Teddy Kennedy or better yet William Kennedy Smith urging respect for women.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.†- Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Seconded.

Well, see, I tried to be responsible, but that damned Sam Adams, it's just too good! I couldn't help it!

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

This is funn as hell. Watch old Peter suddenly change his mind about stiffer penalties for drunk drives just as Randy "Duke" Cunningham suddenly changed his mind about executing drug smugglers after his son got caught attempting to smuggle a plane load of MJ into San Diego from TJ.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              This is funn as hell. Watch old Peter suddenly change his mind about stiffer penalties for drunk drives just as Randy "Duke" Cunningham suddenly changed his mind about executing drug smugglers after his son got caught attempting to smuggle a plane load of MJ into San Diego from TJ.
              That was my thought as I saw it in adage this morning.
              I couldn't stop laughing. I would guess that they have already notified the networks to pull those ads from the current rotation
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

I say we just execute DUI offenders and merge the two
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Seriously though, I expect to see an ad at some point in the very near future from him, once he's completed the court stuff, telling people that he's an idiot and that nobody should ever drink and drive. Anything less would be a travesty.

Comment

ok my question as funny as this is is was he arrested??? I see he was citied for a above the legal limit. Not taking the fun away but having been arrested for dwi and being sober i think there is something wrong here. I had an accident on a wet road no other cars involved, just me hydroplanning on the raod, open EMPTY beer can on the floor board and im in jail an hour later with normal BAL
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                      Seriously though, I expect to see an ad at some point in the very near future from him, once he's completed the court stuff, telling people that he's an idiot and that nobody should ever drink and drive. Anything less would be a travesty.
                      and that itself would be another lipservice travesty

on a related note drinking rocky mountain oyster juice
                      i.e.Coors
                      , certainly that would not get ya drunk?

Been years but IIRC, Coors was like Miller P!$$, very hard to consume
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                        ok my question as funny as this is is was he arrested??? I see he was citied for a above the legal limit. Not taking the fun away but having been arrested for dwi and being sober i think there is something wrong here. I had an accident on a wet road no other cars involved, just me hydroplanning on the raod, open EMPTY beer can on the floor board and im in jail an hour later with normal BAL
                        Did you get out of it when you went to court?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

and that itself would be another lipservice travesty
                          Oh, I hope something happens to him legally. But I'd hope he comes out and says it publicly, without being required to, and on national TV commercials so it's repeated over and over again.

Having to say that has to be pretty hard for guys.

Comment

There's an interesting side note to this. The Coors family is trying to destroy the Protestant Episcopal Church. They became disenchanted with PECUSA back when it first allowed women to become bishops. Since the installment of the first gay bishop they have been openly calling for the ouster of the PECUSA from the Anglican Communion in the hopes of replacing it with the Anglican Church of the USA (I think that's the official name). They've given large payments to certain African bishops who in turn have been the prime critics of PECUSA in the Anglican Communion. This group forced the Communion to issue a statement calling for PECUSA to apologize for installing the gay bishop and to promise that this would never happen again. This year in response PECUSA elected a woman Presiding Bishop and issued a statement that it would try not to further offend the "larger community". The fate of PECUSA awaits the response of the Anglican Communion, but I find it ludicrous that a family of drug pushers is being allowed to influence the policy of one of the world's largest protestant churches.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I thought good dealers don't use their own drugs.
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                              X