WH40K Geeks! I need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WH40K Geeks! I need your help!

The Long and short of it is I'm starting a Space Marine army. I had originally chosen to go with this paint scheme

Except the red would be a much darker maroon. It has been pointed out to me that I had better be "ready to answer Blood Ravens questions", and so I have made two alternative paint schemes:

and

Again, the red would be a much darker maroon. Thoughts on which scheme I should choose?
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Is there a theme for your chapter?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
      Is there a theme for your chapter?

Working Title is "Roundtable Knights", Ultramarines Geneseed. They "own" a few systems much like the Ultramarines own Ultramar.

EDIT: Haven't decided if they are going to deviate from the Codex Astartes yet.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Well, I think the third one looks best. And, if they're Ultramarines stock, having some blue is not a bad idea.

I wouldn't do the second one, partly because that much white is not aesthetically pleasing (to me), and partly because lots of red and lots of white looks like the red cross or a battlefield medic - not the finest warriors in the galaxy.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
          Well, I think the third one looks best. And, if they're Ultramarines stock, having some blue is not a bad idea.

I wouldn't do the second one, partly because that much white is not aesthetically pleasing (to me), and partly because lots of red and lots of white looks like the red cross or a battlefield medic - not the finest warriors in the galaxy.

Plus, it seems to me that the white one would get worn down in a hurry(appearence wise).

That said, I'm going to find a dark maroon red(or make) and try the first scheme on a test marine first and see how it looks compared to, say, Blood Ravens. (I'm not going to go nuts with a "Golden Demon" thing, in fact I may be too ambitious with the third scheme, considering the last time I painted something this detailed was in high school)

Comment

My second army was a Blood Angels army, and while they were much easier to play (and win with) and paint, they weren't as much fun as my first army, Tyranids. The Tyranids were also a lot more fun to put together and paint, because there were just so many choices.

Comment

This is going to be the first time I've played 4th edition. Hell, it was just a smattering in High School. I went out and got the Battle for Macragge set for a crash course in 4th edition.

Comment

I bought the 4th edition set awhile back, but haven't had a chance to play yet. Close combat seems to be where most of the changes are. Other than that, they just made the system... tighter.

Comment

i only support WHFB! SKAVEN MOTHA****A!
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Geek...
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                      i only support WHFB! SKAVEN MOTHA****A!

**** you AND your Dwarven enemies!

Comment

DP
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

nothing takes a dwarf down like warpfire, the brass orb and the dwarfslayer

Comment

Incidently, the minatures with the Battle for Macragge are crappy clip-togathers. I may have to buy another squad for spare parts.

Comment

I noticed that too. GW has made much better models...

Comment

Working...
                              X