No announcement yet.

The Graying of Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...though I do have to admit that two of the countries were Andorra and Monaco...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Andorra and Monaco are countries?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS
        Since 1999.

Poly is a bit of a social experiment. Back then it was full of real right-wing types and a lot of christians.

Now a lot of right-wingers have either left (usually under a cloud of humiliation) or actually moved towards the left as time and sense has prevailed (some notable converts!). Also the christians are less numerous and no longer openly flout their beliefs because they know they'll be ridiculed.

So all in all, it is a successful experiment in education and changing of attitudes by exposure to those that can lead them to the right path - even people with right-wing attitudes can be made to see the error of their ways over time...
        Anyone reminded of communist "re-education" camps ? Or the way communists run schools and the way they "teach" communism to children ?

Comment

• No, not remotely.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            No, not remotely.
            Yea, but you are a commy and thus aren't required to attend.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by aneeshm

Anyone reminded of communist "re-education" camps ? Or the way communists run schools and the way they "teach" communism to children ?

I'm sorry, for 'communist' shouldn't we be reading 'Muslim' ?

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• That's harsh, Molly
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Islam is the new Communism! Time to change your wardrobe.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                    Andorra and Monaco are countries?
                    Andorra...over six hundred years old and never once been in a war

Comment

• Wow! Think of 600 years of plunder! They are RIPE for invasion...:salivates:

Opppsss, sorry, the hun got out again.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS
                        Since 1999.

Poly is a bit of a social experiment. Back then it was full of real right-wing types and a lot of christians.

Now a lot of right-wingers have either left (usually under a cloud of humiliation) or actually moved towards the left as time and sense has prevailed (some notable converts!). Also the christians are less numerous and no longer openly flout their beliefs because they know they'll be ridiculed.

So all in all, it is a successful experiment in education and changing of attitudes by exposure to those that can lead them to the right path - even people with right-wing attitudes can be made to see the error of their ways over time...
                        God bless you for that.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                        X